Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Ship to info changing when changing order to invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner Melson2016
19 Posts
Partner
Melson2016
Partner

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Ship to info changing when changing order to invoice

Hi 

We have recently changed from V19 to account right

We use to be able to type a shipping address on a sales order (one that is not saved on the card) and when we clicked invoice the shipping details would remain the same and carry over to the invoice.

Now when we click invoice the details are replaced with what is saved in the card

Is there a way to override this as we may have 20 shipping addresses for a client and MYOB does not let us save that many 

Thanks for your help

Mel

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Ship to info changing when changing order to invoice

Hi @Melson2016

Just testing in my version of AccountRight 2017 the ship to address entered on the order is carried across to the invoice. This does include if the address entered is different to that on the card.

The only thing that I could think of which would cause this not to happen would be if you change the address on the order just prior to converting it into an invoice. For example, you record the order with an address, go back into the order, add in the address before selecting the Invoice button. If that is the case, you would need to change the address on the order save the changed i.e. select OK, go back into the order to convert into an invoice (or use the Change to Invoice option on the Sales Register). Alternatively, adjust the address on the invoice once the order has been converted).

If the invoice is still not showing the same order address we would need to grab the exact process that you are using to enter order/invoice to investigate further.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Melson2016
19 Posts
Partner
Melson2016
Partner

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your help

Experienced Cover User burty1109
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
burty1109
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

When you open a new Sales Order - enter the customers Ship to details, if you then change this to an Invoice before saving it defaults to the Ship details in the card.

This is not good, you have just taken the details over the phone and all the details are lost.

It would be better to keep the entered details rather than defaulting.

Can MYOB change this function?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post