Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Spend Money: Search for account use keyboard

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Trusted User Julie_B
215 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Julie_B
Trusted User

215Posts

122Kudos

3Solutions

Spend Money: Search for account use keyboard

Hi there - just another super dooper data entry thing that we as (very) long standing MYOB users were used to that seems to have changed and has become cumbersome to us ...

I am currently in Spend Money and I do a lot of eftpos data entry in here.

When I TAB through to the Account Number field (Acct No.) and key in for example a 6 and then TAB it doesn't give a drop down menu of the accounts (like it used to in previous versions) - it defaults to the first expense field it can find.  You used to be able to for example key in the 6 and then maybe a 4 and it would drop down the menu and start at the 6-4*** ready for you to choose.

I've noticed that when you start data entry in this field, after keying say the 6, the following numbers are "highlighted" for you to change, but if you use the delete key it then deletes the complete field, not just the highlighted numbers, and you're back to square one.

The same can be said for choosing item numbers/names in item fields in sales & purchases as well, eg, I know the item starts with a D so I keyboard D and TAB but it just deletes the whole field and takes me to the top / first item listed.  I keep having to take my hands off the keyboard to choose something by the mouse or then PAGE DOWN through hundreds of choices before I get to the D's.

Hope you understand what I mean.  :smileyfrustrated:

*** Have found a work-around at present - eg, if I want to go to the expenses (6-****) if you hold down the 6 so that the field becomes full of 6's, then push tab the drop down menu starts at the 6's.  Unfortunately this only works in Spend Money (not in invoices/purchases).

"GL Account Number / Item Lists Drop Down Menu for keyboard/TAB users no longer available?"

8 REPLIES 8
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,413 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2413Posts

998Kudos

302Solutions

Re: GL Account Number / Item Lists Drop Down Menu for keyboard/TAB users no longer available?

yes - I agree - and have found the same thing - processes that worked in V19 now don't work in 2012. Also what works in spend money/receive money does not work the same in enter sales/enter purchases. Please can we have the same. Simple things - but being forced to use the mouse might suit the new users - but not seasoned users who have lots of transactions to enter.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Partner Julie_A_C
3,168 Posts
Partner
Australia
Julie_A_C
Partner

3168Posts

812Kudos

491Solutions

Re: GL Account Number / Item Lists Drop Down Menu for keyboard/TAB users no longer available?

I also find this a big problem.  Real bookkeepers use tabbing, not a mouse.

It was working correctly back in 2011 so what happened and who do these guys talk to about changes they make because it aint real bookkeepers, that's for sure, going on this and all the other UNimprovements that have happened in the new version.

If they want a hint about some 'real' bookeepers for testing the product, try some who have names starting with a J (hint-you have three here), or with a C, T or M.  Then you may get a product that is well worth shipping out to the real world!

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Trusted User Julie_B
215 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Julie_B
Trusted User

215Posts

122Kudos

3Solutions

Hi MummaMia - thanks for your comment, please don't forget to vote and then maybe they will listen Smiley Happy

Partner Julie_A_C
3,168 Posts
Partner
Australia
Julie_A_C
Partner

3168Posts

812Kudos

491Solutions

Hi Julie,

I have voted, must make sure an idea is 'popular' or it wont get implemented, even if it is just going back to something that was there and now isn't. 

Gotta be one of the 'in crowd'.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,413 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2413Posts

998Kudos

302Solutions

Thanks to Dan at MYOB Chrischurch - he advised that you now need to have the preference OFF - use easy fill whn selecting from a list. Setup- Preferences - Windows Tab. Works much better now with that preference off.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Trusted User Julie_B
215 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Julie_B
Trusted User

215Posts

122Kudos

3Solutions

Um ok, yep works better, though having the easy fill off doesn't make sense LOL.

Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,245 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner

4245Posts

1863Kudos

532Solutions

Thanks Jennie, and Dan - I've now tested entries in Spend money and Sales with/without easy-fill in both AR2012 and AR19, and the difference is that AR2012 displays the list as you type, without easy-fill, which then makes it easy to select a value or keep typing the remaining characters/numbers.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)
New: S.T.P. Reporting solution for (Aust) v19 users, email for details

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,040 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31040Posts

3923Kudos

4521Solutions

Re: Spend Money: Search for account use keyboard - Status changed to: Already in product

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2017 allows for the user to select an account from the Spend Money account dropdown list using the keyboard.

1. If you enter the start of the relevant account number i.e. 6 a list of your expense accounts will appear. You are welcome to enter additional numbers to filter the list further
  2. Once you have entered your accounts, you can use the cursor to select the required account from the list. Alternatively, use the arrow keys to highlight and select the desired account.

Do note that if you have the AccountRight Window preference: Use Easy-Fill When Selecting From a List enable the relevant search matches will be highlighted in yellow.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post