Stick with Premier

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Stick with Premier

If anyone is thinking of shifting to ARL, please don't - its slow and if you have a touchy NBN line, it can be terrible. Premier is faster and more reliable.

Bank feeds OK (but a bit confusing if things go wrong), payroll very touchy and slower.

If MYOB API goes down, then it is diffcult to switch to off-line sych when you have no internet. But there are ways around this (work off-line all of the time, use your own cloud, there are some posts on this).

If however, you need instant connection the the accountant, and the Director needs the surety of access, then you will have to shift to ARL and get to know its issues. Be aware of the increased costs for all cloud accounting products. (keep your old MYOB licences just in case, there are services out there to reactivate these, including MYOB).

You don't need to make the mistake of switching to Xero, especially if you are not a small company.

If you still dont like ARL payroll, consider a 3rd party app that just feeds in journal entries for payroll, it will help enormously.

MYOB purely as an accounting package is still a great product, just dont get creative with it and think it can handle inventory in an Enterprise system. ( I have used Premier and Exonet/Enterprise previously).

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Stick with Premier

Hi @Helen_01 

Sorry to see that you do feel that way in regards to the AccountRight 2019 product range.

While AccountRight 20xx will never be as fast as an old desktop product designed for when computers had significantly slower response times, the benefits of working online and the time saving benefits far outweigh any discernible difference in response times. Additionally, we are continuing to invest and improve on speed with the AccountRight 20xx range.

When your company file is stored in the cloud with AccountRight, a copy of the company file is synced to your computer every 20 minutes. This way should you be unable to access the Internet or you are unable to access your AccountRight company file you can access that company file and work on it. Our Help Article: What to do if your online file isn't accessible for a while talks about that process and how to access your file should this situation occur. Note: Typically, this process would only be used in emergency situations.

It should also be noted, that you are not required to have your company file stored in the cloud with AccountRight 2019. You can use the company file locally on your computer/network if required. An Internet Connection is required for Bank Feeds, Pay Superannuation and Payroll Reporting (STP) along with a valid AccountRight Subscription is required if do wish to use your company file locally. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Re: Stick with Premier

Well put Steven

I always respect your posts.

And, you give some good solutions. Thank-you, I will keep them on-file for emergencies.

My view is that's its slower. Time is money.

I have read some good posts on here yesterday about ways to speed everything up and will follow them up.

The thread is Who's thought of leaving MYOB - it gives some very informed views on why staying with MYOB is a good choice and some solutions to follow up on.

Thank-you for the forum, it can be confronting at times, but we all look for better solutions together, and its a very brave informative solution for MYOB to provide.  Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post