Stock Variance Shows a Negative in Profit & Loss

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Stock Variance Shows a Negative in Profit & Loss

Hi All,

Can I have some opinions on possible errors as to why I have a negative Stock Variance in my P&L.

We use Retail Manager with all data being exported to Account Right.

Any suggestions will be a great help.

Thanks in Advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,768 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,768Posts

1,518Kudos

1,801Solutions

Re: Stock Variance Shows a Negative in Profit & Loss

HI @4499Mel

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

A negative Stock Variance on your AccountRight P&L report would indicate that there are more credit entries than debit entries for the cost of sales accounts. To see what makes up the negative figure you can click on the negative figure when you run the report.

This will bring up the find transactions window for that account and you will be able to see all the transactions that have gone against it, both the debits and credits. Generally speaking, transactions such as goods being returned will reduce the costs of sale accounts and if there were more of these then sales it would give you a negative figure on the P&L report.

Do let us know how you get on with checking these transactions and if you need a hand understanding the journals that come out of RetailManager then I recommend you have a look at our help articles for the Accounting Export using the accrual accounting method and the cash accounting Method. These articles show how different transactions are represented in journal entries coming out of RetailManager.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post