Stocktake Report with custom fields - AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RPT
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Stocktake Report with custom fields - AccountRight

Hi

I need a stocktake report that includes one of our custom fields which shows the location of the stock, sorted by this field. I have tried several options as detailed below.

- I can include this field in the inventory count sheet by adjusting the layout but I can't sort this and the only output is print or PDF. This means the physical counters have to jump all over the report to find the stock in their section

- I can output the count sheet to excel, but it doesnt include the custom fields, so no location (MYOB can this be changed?)

- I can export the stock file (file, export) with the custom field, but I dont seem to be able to include quantity.

Does anyone know of a stock report that includes customs fields and quantity on hand that either can be sorted by a custom field or can be exported to excel so that i can do my own sorting?

4 REPLIES 4
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Stocktake Report with custom fields - AccountRight

Hi @RPT 

Currently there is no one report in AccountRight that allows for all of the criteria you’ve specified. Certain reports like the Analyse Inventory summary report can have the custom list fields added to it and exported to Excel, however is designed to be sorted by item number within AccountRight. That said you could look at exporting this information to Excel and sort it in there

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RPT
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

You said " the Analyse Inventory summary report can have the custom list fields added to it and exported to Excel" but I cannot see how to do this. The option to export to excel does not include the custom fields (the same as the count inventory report). If I run the report and insert the field I want, I no longer have the option to export to excel.

How are you able to do this export to excel including the custom field?

Sorting in excel is no problem.

Thanks

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RPT 

If the fields weren’t included in the Excel template then they wouldn’t come through on your export to Excel. That said, one way to get around this is to not use the Excel templates at all and instead export the file using a CSV format. Depending on your computer this may get saved with a .txt or a .csv extension.

Assuming a .txt extension, you can trick Excel into opening it through the Open menu and changing the file type to .txt to be able to select the exported file. You will have to go through a couple of windows to tell Excel how to make sense of the information, but just read the entire window and it should become clear – it looks worse than it is. You’ll need to ensure that you select Delimited and that the data is separated by commas and this will open the file in Excel so you can format it.

Do note that as this doesn’t use the template file it wont look quite as formatted as if you had exported the information direct to Excel, however it would allow you to format the information.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RPT
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply Neil.

CSV seems to work. I had missed the export option inside the report and I was using the export to excel button on the main screen. (though export to excel doesnt include custom fields in either location)

Re the formatting - I prefer none as it makes data manipulation easier. 

Notes for the CSV import - you need to select "my data has headings" and start the import on the line which contains the headings (in my case line 5)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post