34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Subtotals on Invoice - Indent or Bold?

Just wondering if there is a way to make the subtotals stand out on the invoice when you choose to use them underneath a list of transactions? I cant see a way to make the subtotal line bold or at least indent the subtotal amount so at the moment it just looks like an extra transaction and can confuse customers. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,785 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,785Posts

5,137Kudos

5,546Solutions

Re: Subtotals on Invoice - Indent or Bold?

Hi @MattPlow 

Subtotals can be added to AccountRight invoices using the Edit>>Insert Subtotal option when selecting the required line. This will subtotal the lines above that it on that invoice. When that subtotal is included on the invoice it will shown as a normal transactional line just with "Subtotal" and the amount, you are not able to customise that wording or line to standout (i.e. indent it or bold it).

Attachment.PNG

If you wanted it to stand out, you could but a blank line or two with a space (Edit>>Insert blank line and add a space blank keystroke (spacebar)) to make it stand out:

Attachment.PNG

Attachment3.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, is there a possibility that MYOB could look at including the option or just making subtotals and header lines bold in invoices instead of being that same font style as transaction lines?   

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Exactly. I find it staggering that it hasnt been implemented after all these years. It is very confusing at times for our customers to have the extra line that looks identical to the transaction lines. Surely there is a way for MYOB to make that Subtotal option Bold or at least give us the option to do it ourselves??

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,785 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,785Posts

5,137Kudos

5,546Solutions

Hi @CCJN  @MattPlow 

To my knowledge, additional formating of transactional or subtotal or other lines is not something that is actively being considered at this time. However, it may be something that we do look into for the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post