Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,323Posts

852Kudos

228Solutions

Supplier Card

Hi

I have an Accountright file, where the Supplier Cards all have a character in the Payment Memo field, and this character alway appears in the memo field when paying bills. 

I would like the memo to be the standard "Payment; supplier name". I have exported the supplier cards to Excel, removed the character in the Payment memo column, and imported the cards, selecting "Update existing cards". I tried this twice, but neither time did it work. The character is still in the Payment Memo field.

How do I update the card so the standard memo is displayed.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Re: Supplier Card

Hi @IanChait 

When you are importing into AccountRight it would treat blank records as there are no changes to those fields. This means you can import fields without containing information and not have an impact on a particular field but on the other side of the coin, you aren't able to set those fields back to blank i.e. the default through that import. 

If you are needing to remove a value it would be a matter of updating the individual card record in the AccountRight application manually. Alternatively, if you want to set it to be a value such as Payment; Card Name you could add that information into the import file and then import that in bulk updating it. In saying that, if you were to use that alternative method and the card does change this would not be reflective in the Payment memo field. Thus would need to be done manually if the card name was ever updated.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,323 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,323Posts

852Kudos

228Solutions

Re: Supplier Card

Hi @Steven_M 

Thank you for your email.

This is what I feared. Pity there is no import alternative. 

Maybe a message should inclded in the log file when this happens.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post