Supplier's item number - no report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Supplier's item number - no report

Hi Folks/MYOB I may be missing it - but - I cannot find a report that lists inventory items - supplier - "Suppliers item number"!!

Why would I want it?

Company XYZ purchases from either an external supplier - or Company XYZ ( a branch of a major division where the supplying arm is a different entity) - XYZ suppplier and

Company XYZ - sales needs to order from XYZ - supplies and we need to export all the items for which XYZ - supplies is the major supplier and provides "suppliers item numbers" in the MYOB inventory that are different from the actual item in MYOB.

I want to export from XYZ - Sales - EXPORT from XYZ - supplier and compare to ensure they match 100%.

Because is I run an API automation program to grab PO out of XYZ - Sales and post them to XYZ supplier - and the item number is wrong - the POST will likely be rejected.

Like I can get this info through the API but would be nice to be able to through a report.

Am I missing a report - I went through them all - filters - hide/unhide and the field is just not there.

The Doc

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Supplier's item number - no report

Hi @The_Doc 

The Supplier Item number report is not a field that I have seen on a report. However, others in the Community may have some ideas on what report to get it onto.

In saying that, it is an exportable field so you could use the Import/Export Assistant to show that information. Alternatively, it is a column that can be added to the Item List window -- right-click on the column headers and select Column Chooser. If you wanted that data, you could then right-click on the table and select Copy list to clipboard to obtain that information on-screen to paste into Excel or a similar product.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Re: Supplier's item number - no report

Hi @Steven_M 

Thanks for the input. 

I will look at your suggestions for a quick compare.

However, wet cold weekend so am 3/4 through modifying an API call to both companies to enable an automatic comparison and auto-warning if Company A - supplier item number has an orphan in supplier Company B.

Regards

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post