Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Suppliers not receiving PO's

Hi,

My suppliers are not receiving the PO's that I am sending, even though they are saying sent with a green tick.

This is happening more frequently (around 6 times in the last month), and I do not have the time to call and make sure they have received the purchase order. It also defeats the purpose of using this system. Do I need to go back to using a fax??

What would be ideal, is if invoices and PO's could have separate choice to be sent from the system or directly from email....... OR there should be a function is which we can be advised that the PO has been read. 
You see, i have no issues with the invoice side of things. I love that i can see if a customer has actioned the email. Why is it not the same for the supplier???

PLEASE ADVISE as i don't want to be doing double work for a simple solution.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,007 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,007Posts

78Kudos

131Solutions

Re: Suppliers not receiving PO's

Hello @mzblueyz 

I do apologise you are having issues with emails in AccountRight. Generally if you can see that the emails have been 'Sent' in AccountRight and you can see the green tick, this does mean that AccountRight has done its part and that it has been sent to the recipients. If you do have suppliers who have not received any emails and Purchase Orders despite AccountRight showing them as sent, this does indicate the issue would lie on the recipient's end.

As such this is not something we can provide a fix for, but it's worth noting that there could be several reasons behind this on the recipients end, including:

• your recipients could have settings on their firewalls that block the email from arriving
  • your recipients have set exclusions to ignore emails from MYOB
  • your recipients' server is automatically routing the emails to junk/spam

Try to send some emails to yourself or a colleague. You can create some dummy invoices or POs to email and then delete them afterwards. If these arrive without issue, that would confirm the problem lies on the recipient's end. It would be worth checking with them that they do not use a firewall which could be interfering, that they have no exclusions set to the @apps.myob.com address from which AccountRight emails come, and that they check their spam/junk folders for the missing emails.

If you would like to send emails from Outlook instead of directly from AccountRight, this Help Article will assist you in setting that up.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily,

Unfortunately, this is not the issue. The receiver will receive some emails, then 1 or 2 go missing, then then they get some again. This has happened with multiple suppliers that I deal with.

There is defienitley an issue, and i can appreciate it looks they have been sent by the 'green tick' ..... but considering they get some emails and not others, means it is not an issue on their end.

If you can have a 'read email' like you do for invoices, this would be helpful. Just an idea to put forward for future.

For now I have to revert back to using 'send from email' which I know works properly, but does not allow me to see when customers read my invoices, which defeats the purpose of the software I am paying for.

Kind regards

Amy

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,007 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,007Posts

78Kudos

131Solutions

Hello @mzblueyz 

While it can appear that the softwrare is in error when recipients aren't receiving emails, it is still best to double check the above. There have been similar cases in which recipients would receive one or two, and then miss a few. This can still be caused by spam/junk filtering based on the subject or contects of the email. It is worth having recipients add the MYOB email to their whitelist just to ensure this isn't the cause. 

Additionally, I do recommend CC'ing or BCC'ing your own email over the next week or so to see what happens when the intended recipient does not receive a particular email. If you do receive that email, this would indicate they have a setting on their end that would need to be looked at. 

That said, I do understand the frustration in sacrificing the activity status of invoices sent through AccountRight in order to send PO's outside of the software. In regards to the functionality of Purchase Orders having the "View all activity" option, it may be worth posting this as an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange as our product development team do use that space to gain insight into what features our clients are wanting to see implemented.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post