System.NullReferenceException

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Harold_M
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

System.NullReferenceException

Hi All

Was hoping someone could help.

Just today consistenly our accountant/book keeper occassionally gets a "System.NullReferenceException" when trying to create an invoice on the Sales screen.

The only solution that has worked is restarting Account Right.  After which this will allow the user to process the invoice that raised the issue and continue.  Sporadically it will happen again.

I have attached the error log of one such instance to this post.

Uncertain why this is happening or how to fix, any guidance that can be provided would be most helpful.

Sincerely
Harold

9 REPLIES 9
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: System.NullReferenceException

Hi @Harold_M 

Can you please confirm if it happens when you're trying to record an invoice as recurring transaction? If yes, is it letting you record it from the Enter Sales screen manually without any issues?

This is because if the invoice is being recorded from the Enter Sales screen using "Use recurring" option, this error can be caused due to an issue with the recurring transactions and is currently under investigation with the product development team. 

Let us know if that is not the case so we can advise accordingly. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Harold_M
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal

Thank you for this it does provide some insight into what is happening and yes we are using the Recurring option.

Do you know if there is a published expected time frame for the issue to be resolved?  As the recurring option is heavily used to reduce processing time by our book keeper.

Sincerely

Harold

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Harold_M 

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time frame of when it will be fixed permanently, however, the teams are working on it and we will post an update as soon as the fix is released. 

We do apologise for inconvenience caused due to this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Harold_M
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal/All

We seem to have narrowed down the issue.  Confirmed; with the Book Keeper that another place she currently works at does not experience this issue and they are using AccountRight current version.

Also watching her complete the invoice.  The error occurs when she clicks "Record" invoice.

That is when the error comes up and a restart is required.  At restart, upon review of the invoice, the invoice was successfully recorded.

I have re-attached todays error log hoping that someone from the community will be able to assist.

I can confirm that helpdesk has also run me through:

1. Closing program and clearing the Cache of MYOB by deleting the temp file and forcing account right to regenerate using the company file details online

2. Clearing cookies and Cache

3. Checking for updates of MYOB version (ours is most up to date)

4. Installed latest patch (this is ATO table; uncertain if  this would effect but thought better to mention than not)

Sincerely

Harold

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Harold_M 

Thank you for providing additional details. Can you please try disabling the preference for automatically emailing the invoices before trying to record the invoice? This can be done by going to Setup>>Preferences>>Sales>>>untick Automatically Email sales when they are recorded. 

This is because some users having similar issues with recurring transactions have been able to get around the situation by disabling the preference, and as you mentioned it's working on some computers and not on others, it can be worthwhile giving this a try. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Harold_M
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal

Thank you for this, I have made the changes and will check with the Book Keeper next time she is in.

I will monitor.

Sincerely

Harold

Harold_M
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal

Thank you for this, this is a workable solution in the interim whilst we wait for the update.

Thank you again.

Sincerely

Harold

welkojje
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We have also had this issue - it occurs when you go to convert a quote or order to a sale invoice. We have installed the latest updates and followed all the suggestions. Yes, disabling the Automatic Emal function does appear to solve the issue but that is NOT a solution - this is a retrograde step as it means we can not use the automated technology that's part of the system. There has to be a better solution to this - and it has been happening through several versions of the latest software - not just the current version 2020.4.24.1790

This needs to be fixed ASAP as it is a total inconvenience

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @welkojje 

Yes, we do understand that this workaround is not ideal in all situations and appreciate your feedback on this which has been passed on to the relevant teams. We will post an update once the issue is resolved permanently. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post