Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

TO DO LIST/STATEMENT PRINT EMAIL ISSUES

Help!!!

My to do list and statement print/email screens are clogged with old invoices dating back to 2014. 

I did have an issue with historic records at the end of the tax year affecting my reconcilations.These entries were showing up as outstanding. I spoke to a myob rep who told me to reverse all of the effected invoices which I did and was able to get them off the reconcilations. Now I notice that every time I go to email current statements I have a list of invoices dating back from 2014 to current is appearing. I checked my to do list and I have the same issue.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated. I am using AccountRight 2019.3

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,035 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,035Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: TO DO LIST/STATEMENT PRINT EMAIL ISSUES

Hi @DebWal63 

Typically, a sales transaction will appear in the To Do List - A/R window if that transaction is still outstanding i.e. it does have an active balance. 

As such, if you do have older transactions appearing I would be investigating why those transactions are listed in the window in the first place i.e. are they suppose to be outstanding and payment is still required by the customer?

If those invoices are older invoices that are no longer required you could look at the following process to clear them:
Note: This will affect the current financial year as the reversals/adjustments would need to be recorded in the current financial year

1. Go to Setup>>Preferences>>Security and enable Transactions Can't be Changed, They Must be Reversed
  2. Navigate to outstanding invoice and go to Edit>>Reverse transaction
  3. Ensure that date of that reversal transaction is in the current financial year before recording. This will create a credit note in Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits
  4. While in the Sales Register>>Returns and Credits, highlight the desired credit note and select Apply to Sale.
  5. Apply that credit amount to the outstanding balance (invoice) before recording that Settle Returns and Credits transaction.

What the above process will do is generate a credit note off the original invoice, apply that credit note back to the outstanding invoice and thus closing the invoice along with the credit note.

Once that outstanding invoice balance has been removed, that transaction will be removed from the To Do List - A/R window. In addition to that, generally speaking, the customer will no longer appear in the Print/Email statements window as they will not have a balance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User DebWal63
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts