Time Billing problems 2013.3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Partner OMSKathy
16 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Time Billing problems 2013.3

I use Time billing for invoicing out my time every day and have used it for many years.  The upgrade has caused a few problems as per below:

1. 0.00 activities do not go across to the invoice when you prepare invoice.

2. When entering multiple slips - 1st line goes in ok, 2nd & consecutive lines customer name always starts with 'b' and have to backspace every time and re-type.

3.  If you load too many transactions in and press 'record' they won't save and you have to cancel out and re-type all the transactions in.

4.  All transactions that have been loaded into Time Billing show for each employee.  Is this necessary?

I would REALLY appreciate some changes here.

Many thanks

Kathy Kelliher

MYOB Approved Partner

Central Otago, New Zealand

Kind regards
Kathy Kelliher
MYOB Approved Partner - Central Otago, New Zealand
10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager Suja_P
5,885 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,885Posts

2,150Kudos

476Solutions

Status changed to: Clarification needed

Thank you for your post OMSKathy. Points 1 and 2 in your post are known issues in the new AccountRight range and we hope to resolve this in a future release. Could you please provide further information on points 3 and 4. When you say 'load too many transactions' do you mean too many lines in the Time Billing Invoice? Also could you please clarify the last point regarding Time Billing transaction showing for each employee. Thank you.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User P3
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

47Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Time Billing problems 2013.3

Adding in a date parameter in the activity slip screen so you don't have to see all the entries would be good.

EXSKerry
6 Posts
User
Australia

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Following on from OMSKathy's comment above, I had considerable problems also with entering activity slips.  

As per item 2 above, I am unable to even re-enter the selected customer, I litterally have to use the drop box to select my customer... not productive at all when I'm entering hundreds of activity slips daily - and this is a deal breaker with my not progressing past the trail version at this point, I'm sorry MYOB.  

I have the same issues as per item 3 above also.  As per previous versions, why can't hitting the 'enter' key after completing each slip save it??

I have some timesaving requests regarding activity slips:

1. When bringing up the page to enter multiple activity slips, can the most recent slips be showing on the page instead of slips entered from the beginning of time (lol, following last rollover anyway)?

2. Also, when closing out of the multiple activity page, I notice that the single activity slip page is still open, wouldn't this be better automatically closed off as per previous versions? 

Please feel free to contact me if further clarification is needed.  I'm keen to use the 'latest and greatest' version of MYOB, however unfortunately it really still needs a lot of work.  If there are plans to address and rectify this in a future release I'd appreciate knowing so I could have another go at a trial version.

Regards

EXSKerry

MYOB Moderator Matthew_W
2,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

2,173Posts

1,839Kudos

180Solutions

Hi EXSKerry, thank you for your feedback showing your support for what Kathy has suggested and for your follow up suggestions.

The option to sort by the column of your choice and by Ascending/Descending order when entering Multiple Activity Slips is a great suggestion and one that I would suggest deserves its own post if you're happy to put it as a standalone suggestion.

Automatically closing the standard Activity Slips window when you close the Multiple option is something that we would be happy to consider, this type of change is something that we would like to see specific feedback and votes on to get a feel for its support, because of this it would be great to see it as a separate suggestion as well so it can be tracked correctly.

Thanks again for the feedback on how we can improve the software to better meet your needs.

Kind Regards,
Matthew - MYOB 

Kind regards,

Matthew
MYOB Client Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

16 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Just to clarify points 3 and 4:

3.The Record button at the bottom does not work if you load 7 or more multiple activity slips - especially if they have long notes.

4.A date parameter would help this problem - I too have activity slips dating back to 2010 showing on my screen.

Many thanks

Kathy Kelliher 

Kind regards
Kathy Kelliher
16 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry, one more point.

When tabing through the multiple activity slip screen to the end, if you tab too far and bring up a date field, you cannot press record, so have to load another activity slip before you can record this transaction.  Sometimes we don't have another activity slip.  Would be better if it would record each transaction as you load it, and not worry about the record button.

Thanks

Kathy

Kind regards
Kathy Kelliher
MYOB Moderator Matthew_W
2,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

2,173Posts

1,839Kudos

180Solutions

Thank you for adding some more specific information to your suggestion Kathy, the more details we have the more we know exactly what kind of changes we would be looking at for including this type of update.

Kind Regards,
Matthew - MYOB

Kind regards,

Matthew
MYOB Client Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

16 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have just realised that all the problems are in the multiple activity slip screen and not in the Enter Activity Slip screen.  I am using this until the problems are sorted.  It is slower but less frustrating.

Cheers

Kathy

Kind regards
Kathy Kelliher
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,427 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,427Posts

1,006Kudos

303Solutions

Please advise when $0.00 activities will go across to invoice. V2014.1 hasn't fixed this - and I have to say it's a real pain!

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post