23 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

23Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Transfer from Deposit amount does not match payment amounts

I have a client who creates Customer Orders and then applies the payments until the orders are fully completed before converting to a Sales Invoices.

On one occasion an Order for $427.28 has had two customer payments applied to it that only came to $427.00 (a bank deposit for $177 plus cash of $250) but the 'Transfer from Deposits' entry that MYOB has created on the same day when the Order was turned into an invoice paid the entire amount of $427.28 somehow so now my Trade Debtors don't balance and I keep having $0.28 come up as owing for this Order but can't find a way to fix it as there is no way to reverse the 'Transfer from Deposits' entry.

I've tried journalling the amount between Customer Deposits and Trade Debtors but this doesn't help and I've reversed all reconciliations done at this point in time, reversed the entire sale and nothing seems to get rid of my $0.28 variance.

Why can't we delete a 'Transfer from Deposits' entry if it is incorrect? 

Michelle Doorey CPA
Beagle Bookkeeping Services
Registered BAS Agent
Ph: 0419220057
michelle@beaglebookkeeping.com.au
www.beaglebookkeeping.com.au
1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,020 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,020Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Re: Transfer from Deposit amount does not match payment amounts

Hi @shelld79 

Sorry to see that no-one has offered their assistance in regards to your enquiry.

If you do require further assistance with that particular order can you provide a screenshot of the Find transactions for that particular transaction. The easiest way I find to obtain that is through opening the invoice via the Sales Register and selecting History... (bottom right of the Edit Sales window - by the Applied to date value).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post