Trouble importing customer contact cards

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Von
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Trouble importing customer contact cards

Every 2 months or so we import customer contact cards via csv file that is exported from our customer relationship system in order to invoice customers for one of our programs.  Usually works perfectly and is easy to do.

Last week when we tried to import customer cards we encountered an error that we have not come accross before in relation to this activity. "Somethings gone wrong and account right needs to close".  We tried this several times, on different computers with different logins to no avail.  

The error log says 

Code:
Unknown (0)

Stack Trace
----------------------------------------
1 : MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleyApplicationException
----------------------------------------
MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleyApplicationException: (Unknown): ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

I contacted customer support last Tuesday and their customer support person acknowledged it does not appear to be an import file error but more a company file error.  This acknowledgment however took 2 hours and 16 mins on the phone to eventuate.

Someone with team viewer is meant to contact me as a high priority but despite a follow up phone call last Friday I still have not received a phone call back.

Any thoughts anyone as to what the issue could be and how to resolve.

I have attached screen shot of error message and copy of error log file.

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Trouble importing customer contact cards

Hi @Von,

Thank you for your post. 

My first advice would be to clear your AccountRight cache, then attempt the import again.

If the error persists, please try importing the file as .txt (tab-delimited). You can do this by opening the file in Excel, then going to the 'File' Menu and into 'Save As', from there click on 'Browse', and change the Save As type to Text (Tab Delimited) .txt

TabDelimited.JPG

Once you've done the above and are importing the file again, just make sure you change the Import Format in Step Three to 'Tab' instead of 'Commas', see below:

tabImport.JPG

Do let me know how you go, happy to assist further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Von
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Trouble importing customer contact cards

Thanks Sam for your post.  Clearing the cache did not work but importing customer contact cards as a text file rather than csv file did.  Not sure why this is as csv file has worked many times in the past but at least it is working.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post