URGENT HELP!! Need to remove items & Is there a limit to how many item codes you can have

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jelliebaby
Contributing User
16 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

URGENT HELP!! Need to remove items & Is there a limit to how many item codes you can have

I am wondering if there is a limit to how many item codes you can have as this will be handy to know before I start collating new codes, keeping in mind there are currently 929 items already in there that we no longer need and need to either delete them or make them all inactive.  Also the problem with the items already in there, all the boxes were ticked to record inventory, sale and income so deleing them might be a bit hard.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: URGENT HELP!! Need to remove items & Is there a limit to how many item codes you can have

Hi @jelliebaby 

There is no limit to the number of items that an AccountRight company file can handle. Although, the more items that are added to the company file the larger the file can become and thus speed is more may be impacted. Note: There is no way to delete items from an AccountRight 2020 company file if they have been used in the file.

It should be noted, if you do have a very extensive item list or complex set of items, you may have outgrown the capability of AccountRight and using a bigger business produce like MYOB Advanced may be something that is worth considering. MYOB Advanced offers more flexibility and customistation, although it does have a higher price tag. More information on that product can be found on MYOB Advanced, we've happy to arrange for one of our team to reach out if that is a product that you feel may be better suited to your business.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post