Un explained money on accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Un explained money on accounts

We have unexplained moneys showing up on some customer statements. Have gone back to last financial year, that has not yet been closed. The money shows on the statement but no transaction detail to say what the money is owed for.

Can not even do a credit adjustment for that amount to cancel it out.

It has nearly got to the stage of cancelling that card and starting again, but then loose all customer sales details from the year before.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,706 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,706Posts

1,509Kudos

1,795Solutions

Re: Un explained money on accounts

Hi @charlie-m

Thanks for your question.

Are you able to try running the Receivables Reconciliation Detail Report for as far back as you can, even the start of the previous unclosed financial year. This will show your Receivables as they were at that point in your file, which might give an indication as to where the charge has come from.

If you do see the charge appearing as at the start of the previous year then you may need to look at a previous backup to get a sense of when this transaction has happened.

Do let us know how you get on trying to track back when this transaction has occurred.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,852 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,852Posts

1,441Kudos

163Solutions

@charlie-m

Charlie,

I would suggest that an experienced MYOB user look at your file.

Have you invited your Tax Accountant to view your file regularly?

Does a BAS Agent help you with your BAS?

I know that some MYOB Partners use TeamViewer or similar to help people remotely.

Hope this helps.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi

We have been a MYOB user since 1995.

This is the first time we have found unexplained money on accounts. We have gone back about 10 months and it is still unaccounted for. I think it has only happened since we have gone into the clouds.

We have 5 or 6 accounts with varing amounts unexplained.

They are all on accounts that are running each month with varing outstanding totals, all being paid in current terms. Can not find any transaction details for the money amounts at all.

We do our own Bas, the accountant checks.

The accountant logs in to do our tax and check Bas.

I have not yet brought this to their attention yet as it only shows when looking at the customer statements.

Thanks for your time to reply.

Cheers

Charlie

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

3,488Posts

1,332Kudos

529Solutions

Hello @charlie-m

It sounds like there may be an internal problem in the file relating to the customer balance. Can you please go to the sales register, click the 'open invoices' tab and select 'customer' in the 'search by' field and select a relevant customer from the drop-down. Take note of the balance in the 'Amt Due' field. Next go to the card file command center and click card list. Find the customer card and check the value in the 'current balance' column. Does it match the amount that was listed for 'Amt Due' in the sales register, or is it instead equal to the amount that printed on the statement?

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Liam

Sorry for the delay, I replied direct to your email not realising it was not going to the forum.

Answer to your email

Hi Liam

Open invoices is               $6126.25.

Card File is                           $6207.05.

Statement total owing is $6126.25, Total in the balance field on statement is $6207.05

Which is the difference of $80.80 that is showing as owed that  is not accounted for.

I went back to the 1/1/2016 and all invoices total are good to the money that had been payed, with that unexplained on there back to that date against the balance field.

Hope this helps

Regards

Charlie Milton

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post