MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Unable to connect to server error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing User SarahJ-87
5 Posts
Contributing User
SarahJ-87
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to connect to server error

Hi There,

I'm having real issues with Accountright at present. 

We have a main computer we use as a server which has the server edition 2018.4 SE installed. My computer has the PC version 2018.4 where I access the company file. 

Since we had our NBN service connected and now the PC version won't work. I don't recall the error message but I've tried a number of things I found on forums etc....changing the location of the file of the company file on the server computer, uninstalling and reinstalling, removing the company file from the PC computer but now I cannot locate the file when trying to add a network library, saying the server edition must be installed, no library under that name found. 

I'm hoping there is a simple fix, maybe the file is in the wrong location so it can't be seen from the PC computer?? Not sure what location it should be in. 

I wouldn't have thought the internet connection being changed from one to another would have affected this. 

Can someone shed some light on what I should try?

Hope this all makes sense Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
605 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

605Posts

381Kudos

12Solutions

Re: Unable to connect to server error

Hi @SarahJ-87

Error messgae will be great as that will give us somewhere to start, otherwise we are only guessing.

First suggestion would be to check the firewall on the PC that 2018.4 SE is running.

If you have just had NBN installed, you most likely got a new router which 9 time out of 10 will use a different IP address range.  If your PC's are set to DHCP and the NBN tech didn't use the previous IP address range when setting up the new router your firewall will often be enabled if it was disabled or it wont be configured correctly for the new IP address range.

Post the error messgae and we can help you from there.

Andrew

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
605 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

605Posts

381Kudos

12Solutions

Duplicate post

5 Posts
Contributing User
SarahJ-87
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply. 

The error message I'm currently getting on the PC version when trying to add the network library is "We can't find a library on (computer name). Accountright Server Edition needs to be installed on that computer"

The SE version is installed on that "server" computer

I have checked the firewall and there was no SE 2018.4 in the list, I have since added this but not entirely sure what the setting should be. The PC computer still can't locate the library. 

5 Posts
Contributing User
SarahJ-87
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Update, so I have reverted back to the temporary prepaid internet dongle we were using until the NBN got installed and have been able to reconnect the PC to the network library.

Can anyone shed some light on how to proceed so that the PC computer can see the network when connected to the NBN. Like previously mentioned, it maybe a firewall issue but this is a little over my head.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,049 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11049Posts

1252Kudos

1557Solutions

HI @SarahJ-87

In some instances that particular error can be caused by one of the Windows services used by AccountRight not running as it should. Checking and adjusting these services can be found in steps 2 and 3 on our help article AccountRight library service issues

That said this doesn’t take into account that changing the dongle had such a profound effect. As Andrew mentioned it may be that the way the new router is setup is causing issues on the network. As  checking and adjusting those settings can be a bit technical I recommend speaking with your IT professional, particularly if your not sure on how to check and change these settings

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post