Unable to import order data containing more than 10 lines

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Gunveen
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to import order data containing more than 10 lines

0 records imported without errors.
0 records imported with warnings.
1 records skipped.

Summary of errors
Error -232: No location specified; default location cannot be substituted due to insufficient quantity.

The above is the snippet of the error I'm getting while importing an order containing 68 lines. But when I import the data in chunks on 10 or 5 lines the imports are successful. Kindly advise how I can import an order using tab delimited file without this issue. Also kindly provide the complete interpretation of the above error.

11 REPLIES 11
Gunveen
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Unable to import order data containing more than 10 lines

Hi MYOB Team,

Can I get solution for this issue.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Gunveen 

Can you please attach the import file too so we can check what might be wrong in the process?

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Gunveen
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal,

I think this is a bug in MYOB import/export assistant. I'm trying to import a complete order in MYOB for a while now. Yesterday I was successful at importing 19 lines in a order containing more than 60 lines. Then the same order same lines when I tried at a different time point I couldn't even upload those 19 lines. Then I tried breaking the whole order in batches of 2, 5 and 10 lines and the same lines where getting uploaded successfully. I'm unable to understand this strange BUG in your program. I have attached the data i'm tring to import and the error log. I'm willing to replicate the issue if requested.

Gunveen
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi MYOB Team,

Kindly request you to provide solution for this as my bussiness is getting impacted due to a lot of time spent on manual entries.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Gunveen 

Looking at your import file, it appears there are some errors with formatting. As an example, if there are 10 different sales in the file, they all need to be separated by a blank lines. In your import template, all the sales are entered without any spaces which can often cause unexpected error messages.

Therefore, my first recommendation would be removing those lines and attempting to do the import again. I have attached a file for your reference, please try using that and let me know if you still get the same message or different errors.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Gunveen
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal,

I checked the file that I have uploaded on the forum. The file is correct. It is a TAB delimited text file, which is the required format for the import. I viewd the file in excel and all lines are correctly dislpayed. Can you point out the line number where you see issue with the formating. Attaching screenshot of excel view.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 1.46.00 PM.png
Gunveen
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal,

Also as per your last comments. The file i have shared is a one single order. So if I put a blank line in between they all import as different orders. But my problem is with importing multiple items/lines in the same order.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Gunveen 

Apologies for that. If it's a single order with multiple lines, your template is correct. However, I will need some time to investigate why you're getting this error and will loop back once I have gone through it.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Gunveen
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal/MYOB Team,

Request you to kindly provide solution for this problem ASAP. We are expecting high sales volume on Monday and if we are unable to import orders into MYOB then this will impact our business by causing processing delays.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post