Unable to view invoices in purchases register from previous years file located in library

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KarenW3
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to view invoices in purchases register from previous years file located in library

Hi, after taking a backup and rolling the company file at the end of our financial year I have found that I am unable to view scanned invoices in the purchases register (offline file in library).

After waiting on the telephone for over an hour I had a conversation with a helpful tech who endeavoured to assist me in restoring file etc the result was that a different team member would have to log in to my computer to asist further and she forwarded my call. After another wait of over an hour I moved up the queue to no 1 and was cut off.

Another phone call and a 2.20 hour wait and I spoke with another tech who then attempted to push my call to another dept where I was advised another 58 minute wait only to once again be cut off.

My patience has been severely tested as I need to resolve this issue but don't have time to be sitting on the phone for more than half of my working day. 

Is there anybody that might have eperience with this issue or is there any way that I can email MYOB regarding this so that I might get a call back?

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unable to view invoices in purchases register from previous years file located in library

Hi @KarenW3 

In Tray documents are only available for online company files. So, in your case, you mentioned that the company file is stored in your library. As such, it would not locate online thus not access to AccountRight In Tray and documents. 

If you are needing those In Tray documents the company file would need to be located online. Typically, you would want to use the backup and restore online function to move that company file back online to the cloud to access those documents. Note: That backup and restore online function would replace the existing online file so you want to take a backup of that online current file and store it safely before overwriting the existing file with that replacement to obtain the In Tray documents.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

KarenW3
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to view invoices in purchases register from previous years file located in library

Hi Steven

Thank you very much for your response to my query. 

This makes perfect sense and I will proceed as recommended.

Kind regards

Karen

KarenW3
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve

I was about to go through the process of backing up my current file and restoring the previous file with the online function.

Am I able to have two files online, the previous years file and the current file that I am working on? So that I can open separately to view previous years' information etc.

Thanks for your help.

Karen

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @KarenW3 

Your serial number is only licenced to use one company file in the cloud and this is being used by I assume that current data file.

In saying that, you are welcome to use the file locally if you like by restoring that company file using the File>>Restore option and selecting to Restore into a library on your computer i.e. My Library. Although, do note that you would not be able to access direct cloud access functions in that offline file (In Tray, online emailing, online invoice payments).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post