Undeposited Funds / Prepare Bank Deposits

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
121vk
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Undeposited Funds / Prepare Bank Deposits

In Premier v19, we used to process to pay an employee as cash from undeposited fund.  Then we used to pay some additional distribution from undeposited fund.  Both these transactions used to go and sit under Prepare Bank Deposits and we used to group them and clear from there.  So in the actual bank account, group amount used to show.  However, in Account Right 2019.2, this does not seem to work.  When I tried to do the same and clear, the data still sits under Prepare Bank Deposits.  Has the process changed!!!! 

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Undeposited Funds / Prepare Bank Deposits

Hello @121vk 

Thank you for bringing your query to the community forums.  I hope you will find them and the AccountRight Support pages to be a fantastic resource.

I have found these two help articles that may be of use to you.  Please have a read of them and see if they are of use to you in dealing with Undeposited Funds and Preparing bank Deposits.

Preparing a bank deposit

About undeposited funds

undeposited.png

If I have pointed you to helpful information, kindly consider marking this post as a solution so that others may find answers easier.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

121vk
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks but just noticed that in AccountRight 2019.2 use of undeposited funds and prepare bank deposit has been made limited to only receipt of money.  In Premier we could use the function to group payments made to suppliers but it is no longer available.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @121vk 

Generally speaking, Prepare Bank Deposits would be used for deposits into the bank account and Prepare Electronic Payments will be used for withdrawals of the bank account. 

Just testing supplier payments in AccountRight 2019.2, in theory, these can be processed through to the Prepare Bank Deposits window by selecting the Bank Account for Undeposited funds* as the Pay from Account in the Pay Bills window. This will place the transactions into the Prepare Bank Deposit window so you can tick the associated transactions to process to the bank account.

Note: Payroll transactions shouldn't be processed through Prepare Bank Deposit.

*Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

CathVSA
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven I found this thread that seems to be relevant to my problem, I hope you don't mind me jutting in!
I am using version 2019.4. We paid an employee cash, instead of by the usual method of eft. I ticked the "cash" box in the payroll system which allocated the payment to Undeposited Funds. I then processed that with "prepare bank deposit" and it hit the bank account as expected.
That transaction however doesn't seem to be able to be cleared from the Undeposited Funds screen. I have tried reversing the transaction and re-entering it and it just leaves us with more entries that won't clear, even after processing the bank deposit.
I see in your reply here that you shouldn't process payroll transactions via undeposited funds, clearly I wish I saw that before doing it, but given that it is an allowed option, what is the issue and what can I do to clear the transaction that has been processed from the "prepare bank deposit" screen?
Thanks! Cheers Cath

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @CathVSA 

I found out that you have also created a separate post on this as " Undeposited Funds/Clearing Payroll Entries" and I have responded you on that. 

Please reach out if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post