Cover User
Fasteners
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Unit of measure on invoice

Can 'TheG' explain option 1 in his reply to 'HARRYX'

I too really need the unit shown on the invoice screen, our staff get very confused, they might be selling per Each, per Hundred or per Thousand. I don't understand what TheG means by "show on Invoice Layout"

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,977 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22977Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Re: unit of Measure

Hi @Fasteners

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

I assume you are referring to @TheG's post on Show unit of measure in item layout. Option 1 in that was to use the Item's custom field to store the unit of measure and then add that field to the customise form/invoice layout/how the invoice is produced.

You can add the required information for the item via Inventory>>Items list>>Selecting the item>>Selecting the Item Details tab and adding the information to the Custom Field. Once added you would go to Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices>>Items and select the required form before selecting Customise. On the Customise Forms window, right click on the invoice table and select Show/Hide Columns to add in the required column to the report. Help Article: Custom item fields would be able to assist with adding the item fields. Help Article: Add tables to forms will assist with customising the form.

Personally, I don't see why you wouldn't select to just add the Unit column to the customise form. The system already has a column for that and therefore you don't need to go through adding the unit of measure to the item's custom fields. Just add the Unit column to the customise form and it will show the selling unit of measure when the invoice is produced.

Note: the above post refers to the printing/email/producing of the invoice. You are unable to add the Unit of measure directly onto the Enter Sales window, only the printed/emailed/produced invoice.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Fasteners
4 Posts
Cover User
Fasteners
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your comments but I have not explained my need very well. I already have included the unit field/column on my printed invoices, I want it displayed on screen BEFORE the invoice is printed so our operators can see what unit they are dealing with, it is too late after the invoice is printed, that is only of benefit to the customer

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,977 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22977Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Hi @Fasteners

As mentioned you are unable to add the unit column to the Enter Sales window, only the printed invoice.

If you do need to know the unit of measure of an item when selling it you would go to the Item List to check that item's unit of measure or preview the invoice (on a form that has the unit column added).

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Fasteners
4 Posts
Cover User
Fasteners
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven we realise that path exists but MYOB need to realise it is a couple of extra steps and ones busy operators are likely to overlook and guess the unit instead. Other software providers do have this feature and I'm asking MYOB to look at developing it and catching up with those providers

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,977 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22977Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Hi @Fasteners

To my knowledge we don't have any immediate plans to add the unit column onto the Enter Sales window for Item layout invoices. In saying that if you would like to see that as a potential feature I would recommend posting it as an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. This way others in the MYOB Community can discuss and vote for its potential inclusion in future updates.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post