Unit price showing 6 Decimal places

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Learoy
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

53Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unit price showing 6 Decimal places

I found this message below from July 2019 regarding 6 decimal places. Also found that this was supposed to be fixed in 2019.3. We are using AccountRight Plus AU 2020.1.0 and still having this problem.

I have found that if I customise the invoice layout to show the unit price to include GST there are only 2 decimal places. But if our customer wants to see the price exclusive of GST then the unit price shows 6 decimal places.

How do we fix this?

"AccountRight 2019 allows for the user to enter up to 6 decimal places as the item's pricing. This will be printed on the invoice when produced. This will typically occur when a user does enter the price with 6 decimal places, otherwise, 2 decimal places would be used.

In AccountRight 2019.2 we are aware of a rounding issue that would cause the item price to display 6 decimal places when a user does not enter 6 decimal places. This situation tends to occur when you enter the value that is Tax Inclusive and you are producing a Tax Exclusive invoice. In most cases, you can see if this will occur by selecting the Tax Inclusive option on the Enter Sales window to see if 6 decimal places are being displayed in the Price column, rather than 2. Adjusting that value to be 2 decimal places will typically cause the produced invoice to show the 2 decimal places. However, in saying that, this situation is something that we have passed onto the required team to investigate further for a future update, no ETA. on that update as yet."

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unit price showing 6 Decimal places

Hi @Learoy 

AccountRight 2019.3 introduced two new columns to an Item customise forms invoice table. The two new columns being EX PRICE 2 and INC PRICE 2, these particular columns are configured to only show 2 decimal places (EX PRICE and INC PRICE can show up to 6).

Should you wish to use the new columns on your invoice table you would need to complete the following steps:

1. Navigate to Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices>>Items.
  2. Choose the required customise form.
  3. Select Customise.
  4. Within the Customise Forms window, right-click on the Item Invoice table i.e. where you can see Quantity, Description, Amount...
  5. Choose Show/Hide Columns.
  6. Select the required columns you wish to add (EX PRICE 2 or INC PRICE 2) before selecting Show. You may wish to select the unwanted columns on the right and select Hide so they don't show on the customise form.
  7. Select OK.
  8. Re-save the form.

What the above process will do is add in the EX PRICE 2 or INC PRICE 2 columns to the invoice table on the customise form. By doing this it will make AccountRight show that price as 2 decimal places when printing/emailing using that customise form.

For more information on adding columns to customise forms please see Help Article: Add tables to forms

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Learoy
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

53Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Unit price showing 6 Decimal places

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your help. This fixed the problem I was having.

Regards,

Learoy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post