36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unit price showing 6 decimal places

To paraphrase an old quotation the silence from the MYOB bunker has been deafening. There has been no effective response whatsoever to this limp wristed adjustment to systems without giving the customer the opportunity to customise the format.

I have had to completely revise my invoicing formats to use a tax inclusive price option on the invoice to replace the invoice format I have been using for 15 years.

It would appear MYOB changed the invoicing format because a few customers could not reconcile the fact that some calculations would result in rounding errors of a few cents so the solution was to express the dollar quantities to 6 parts in a million to reconcile the arithmetic, but completely destroy the ambience of the invoice.

As I have stated numerous times that 45 years ago I was using a half rounding algorithm in Fortran COBOL and Basic to round quantities to 2 decimal places on print formatting. It would appear that the ability to insert a three line coding adjustment with the option of setting a number of decimal places for rounding is beyond the wet behind the ears programmers employed by MYOB. Furthermore no manner of complaint/request/ insult results in any change whatsoever, not even an acknowledgement of the problem.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,360Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @fazman  @angelog 

Thank you for feedback in regards to this situation.

AccountRight 2019.2 showing 6 decimal places for the item prices is something that we are investigating. This is something that our team are currently working towards for our next update AccountRight 2019.3. At this stage, as the update is still in development we don't have an estimated timeframe for when that update will be available for all clients. 

To my understanding, there is currently no workaround available for this situation. In some cases, updating the form to be a Tax inclusive form (i.e. use the Amount/Inc Price fields) will correctly show the correct decimal place pricing.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User angelog
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

It is this type of haphazard changes without appropriate user acceptance testing which would cause me to never recommend MYOB to another user. This has been going on for months, and I have wasted hours of my time reformatting my invoice documents so that I don't look unprofessional with clients with prices to 6 decimal places of a dollar.

davidledwards
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the MYOB response. However, the 2019.3 update has not fixed this issue.

Still getting 6 decimal places!!!!!!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,360Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @davidledwards 

With AccountRight 2019.3 two new columns were added for selection on an item based customise form; EX PRICE 2 &  INC PRICE 2. These are columns that can be added to show the 2 decimal place of the price.

You can add these columns to your customise form via Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices>>Items>>Selecting the form before selecting Customise. Once in the customise forms window, right-click on the invoice table and select Show Hide Columns before selecting the desired column to add (you may want to remove the other column at the same time).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

davidledwards
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven!!

I have now done that and it works.

However, the INC PRICE 2 column has moved to the extreme right hand side of the invoice, when before it was the first column after the description.

How do I move the price column back??

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
789 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

789Posts

549Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @davidledwards 

You can't move column order.

You need to remove all columns (back as far as needed) and then add them back in the order you want them.

Andrew

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,360Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @davidledwards 

You can move the column order by clicking and dragging the column into position within the table. Our Help Article: Add tables to forms has a clip of the process in action. Note: columns widths may need to be resized after that move.

The other option is to remove the columns and then re-add them. By doing it this way, it will scale the columns within the table and little resizing is required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
789 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

789Posts

549Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

It would have been helpful for the phone support team to say it can be done.

I called a few weeks ago and they said not possible.

That would have made my job of changing 5 forms so much easier.

Andrew

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post