Unusual Bank reconciliation problem

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

64Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unusual Bank reconciliation problem

This is a problem I started to research (with Steven_M) last year however it got lost.   I would like to try to rectify it now if possible as the auditor was not very happy with the situation.   The problem is:   my reconciliation balances every month however in the actual reconcilation report at the top of the Cleared Cheques area I have 5 transactions that relate to 2007 and these return for every reconciliation report   These transactions do not appear when I am actually doing the reconcilation only when the report is printed.   I would like to know if there is any way to get rid of these transactions.   These transactions do increase the amount of the Cleared Cheques total but do not effect the Expected Balanace on Statement amount and don't effect the reconciliation.   It was determined that my company file would have to be sent in so you could investigate these transactions further.   We are using Account Right Plus 2016.2.18.5106, File Version 2016.2.18.9675.   Following instruction at the previous time, I was instructed to delete the cache file - that didn't do anything.   Anybody got any answers please?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,498Posts

4,949Kudos

5,341Solutions

Re: Unusual Bank reconciliation problem

Hi @Kathy_Southside

Sorry to hear that you are still encountering that situation to which you have mentioned on Bank reconciliation reports. As indicated on that post we are happy to get your company file in for future investigation.

At this point I haven't received a private message from yourself in regards to having a backup of that company file being uploaded to the FTP account as stated in my original 2 private messages. As such I have sent you a new private message with details on getting that company file sent in for an investigation.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

64Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven_M

Thanks so much for your reply.   I must have done something wrong so will try again and let you know when I have sent it.   Regards, Kathy

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,498Posts

4,949Kudos

5,341Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Kathy_Southside

Thanks for sending that file in and taking the time to speak with me today 

As discussed those transactions appeared to have an incorrect reconciliation date on them. Undoing those reconciliations allowed those transactions to be reconciled with the correct date and get removed from the reports. This should resolve it going forward as well

If you do require further assistance don't hesitate to post on the Forum again.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User