Urgent fix required for error 4077

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Macca7469
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Urgent fix required for error 4077

I am getting the error 4077 when updating prices and standard costs.

I need a fix to this asap - it's month end and 100+ costs are now 0 due to the error.

From other posts I saw there is a script which can fix this. 

Thanks

GM

8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Urgent fix required for error 4077

Hi @Macca7469 

Happy to arrange for the necessary script to be run for you. So we can arrange that for you would you mind confirming the following information:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Macca7469
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou Steven

2 files, both on line.

Serial # ends in 8282

Company files id 1 and 2.

Thanks so much.

Macca

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Macca7469 

Thank you for providing that information

The script has been run over those company files for you. If you have been using the company files around the time of this message, do close down and reopen that file before attempting that import process again.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Macca7469
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou Steven, all has worked fine.

I have been struggling with this kind of error for a long time - should have looked earlier.

Appreciate all your assistance and prompt work on this.

I suspect being the age I am that the person who assigned this error number was a M*A*S*H fan? MASH4077?

Thanks again, Macca

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,307 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,307Posts

131Kudos

17Solutions

Hi @Macca7469 

Out of interest do you use Qty Breaks?

If you do it might be worthwhile checking them import correctly even if there are no errors.

There appears to be a bug that is causing prices not to update or import as zeros even when there then are no errors shown with the import. 

Macca7469
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AndrewStephen 

we don't use quantity breaks, but appreciate your heads up on this so will do some checks.

Thanks and regards

Macca

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,010 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,010Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @AndrewStephen 

I believe the symptoms you describe are actually caused by 'duplicate' records in the price matrix. I have seen dozens of files that have duplicate entries for the same item and same break quantity and price level. One client's file had over 30k - they import price updates and clearly things have gone wrong numerous times - a bug allows the creation of more than one record for an item, for a given price level and quantity. So now when you import (or even update manually sometimes), the screen displays not the data you entered/imported, however it is displaying prices that are in the matrix, just not the prices you want - MYOB seems to update one of the records when you import, but sometimes displays the other). The real question is when invoices are being process and the price matrix has 2 matching entries,  which one does it use? Have you ever notices customer invoices with the wrong price level?

To check if this is the cause in your file, get hold of a program called File Utility MYOX, select your file then choose Tools > Check for Duplicates - this runs a dozen or so tests to pick up known duplicate scenarios in MYOX files - most cause Data Invalid errors, but not all. Duplicates in the price matrix don't cause any error messages, just wrong pricing. NB the file must be local so if your file is online, you will need to make a backup and restore locally using a different file name to ensure it does get used inadvertently. Delete the local copy when done checking.

If you find duplicates, no doubt MYOB has a script to fix this too. Obviously better if they had a coding solution that prevented it from happening.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,307 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,307Posts

131Kudos

17Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

That's exactly the issue we are facing and yes MYOB has a script for this.

When importing via the AccountRight items there are no errors to indicate there was any issues importing the prices.

I only came across the issue as I gave our developer a task adding the importing of prices to our app that does all pricing for MYOB and our eCommerce platform.  While trying to document the project for him I got a 409 error (rowversion error) for every item we attempted to update.    

Having gone back and checked out prices I found the following happened
1) 1st Price Break (including Prices A-F) seem to always have the correct price
2) Quantity Over Value imported correctly for items without the qty break already set but the price was Prices A-F was set to 0.00
3) Prices for A-F for all other Qty breaks (other than quantity over 0) didn't import the updated price.

When invoicing the displayed price is used which for the affected items with the duplicate key is the incorrect prices.  We have many items sold at the wrong price and some even at $0.00

What I find really amazing is that MYOB know of the issue and still did nothing to fix the issue. Knowing the bug has the potential to cause financial loss to their customers.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post