MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Users in Sales and Purchases Roles Permission to Delete or Reverse

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User DavidFav
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
DavidFav
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Users in Sales and Purchases Roles Permission to Delete or Reverse

Hi,

I want to give users with a Sales and Purchases Role the ability to delete puurchase orders which they have entered incorrectly.

I gave them the ability to Delete/Reverse in the General Role, but the users tell me they still are unable to delete.

Please advise what box in which Role I need to tick to give Sales and Purchase Roles the ability to delete incorrect purchase orders or sales orders?

David

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Haydes
6,138 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Moderator

6138Posts

987Kudos

876Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Users in Sales and Purchases Roles Permission to Delete or Reverse

Hi @DavidFav

There are some cases where data cannot be deleted. To confirm this is indeed a permissions issue with roles, could you let us know the state of these purchases?

Note that any Purchase Orders with Deposits applied (Payments) cannot be deleted until the payment is deleted first. If the Purchase Order has a Deposit and was converted to a Bill, this can no longer be deleted. See our support note: Supplier deposits

Same goes for Sales Orders and Deposits: Customer deposits

If this is not the case and it is indeed a permissions error, I would be checking how their roles are applied as there can be cases of conflicting roles. For example being given 2 roles but 1 role disallows areas that the other allows and this can cause conflict and disallow it. The solution is to create a custom role with what they need, see: Set up roles

This will remove any conflict so that they are applied to 1 role instead of 2.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post