Using large credit to settle small sale

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mkeen
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Using large credit to settle small sale

Hi

I have a large credit of $1,300 and want to settle this against a new sale of $500.  Of course this will show an unbalanced amount of $800 still in credit.  How do I enter this so the $1,300 credit reduces to $800 and the invoice for $500 shows a nil balance.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Using large credit to settle small sale

Hi @mkeen 

Within the Settle Returns & Credits window*, if you only wish to apply a portion of the outstanding credit to the invoice you want to update the Credit Amount (located in the red section) to be the required amount. This will reduce the amount that is being applied for that credit.

So, in your case, you want to update that credit amount from $1300 to be $500 and enter the amount of $500 into the Applied for that $500 invoice. This will reduce the credit amount by $500 (so you have $800 remaining) and close that $500 invoice.

*This is the window that does appear when you go to Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns & Credits>>Higlight the credit and select Apply to Sale.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post