MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Validation Exception error when saving recurring sales transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner Feebee0801
12 Posts
Partner
Feebee0801
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Validation Exception error when saving recurring sales transactions

Need help here!

Everytime I go to save a recurring sales transaction for this one customer, I get the following error message.

"Validation Exception"

I've looked through this forum and the system preference re: warn if jobs are not assigned, is not ticked or used in my datafile.

I can save transactions for every other customer.

This is incredibly frustrating. Don't have time to waste re-keying sales transactions every day!

Any know how to fix this??

Thank you.

Capture.JPG
18 REPLIES 18
MYOB Staff Post Melissa73
406 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Melissa73
MYOB Staff Post

406Posts

73Kudos

52Solutions

Re: Validation Exception error when saving recurring sales transactions

Hello @Feebee0801,

Thank you for your post, I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

It's great to hear that you have tried to find a solution and that you have tried our recommended workaround, but as this is still not working for you, we will need to troubleshoot a little bit further.

In order to further troubleshoot this issue, could you please post a copy of your diagnostic logs into the thread? We will then be able to investigate further and get this resolved for you.

To find the diagnostic log please go to the below location on your computer:

C: \ Users \ <user.name> \ AppData \ Local \ MYOB \ AccountRight \ 20xx.x \ Diagnostics

<user.name> is the user you sign into your computer as, and 20xx.x is your AccountRight version.

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Partner Feebee0801
12 Posts
Partner
Feebee0801
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I don't have an Appdata file under my "user.name" file location.

I've checked everywhere else, and can't seem to find this.

Any other suggestions?

406 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Melissa73
MYOB Staff Post

406Posts

73Kudos

52Solutions

Hello @Feebee0801,

Another location you can try is: 

C: \ Users \ Public \ AppData \ Local \ MYOB \ AccountRight \ 20xx.x \ Diagnostics

If there is still no 'AppData' folder are you able to search for '%localappdata%' in the address bar (at the top of the window) and then press 'Enter' on your keyboard? Below is a screen shot of where to type this.

Please let us know how you go!

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Partner Feebee0801
12 Posts
Partner
Feebee0801
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The search came back with nothing......

This the only MYOB file I can find under the User.name folder you've mentioned. However, I am using version 2017.1. There is no folder for this version on my PC under this search option.

thx,

Capture.JPG
406 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Melissa73
MYOB Staff Post

406Posts

73Kudos

52Solutions

Hey @Feebee0801,

I'm sorry to hear that. Another location you could search would be:
C:\ProgramData\MYOB\AccountRight\Diagnostics

If the above location doesn't exist, please let us know some additional details about the setup of your computer and software including whether your computer is connected to any kind of network/server type environment, if you have the Server Edition or the PC edition of 2017.1 installed and also the version of Windows you are using.

Please let us know how this goes!

Kind regards,
Melissa
MYOB Client Support
Partner Feebee0801
12 Posts
Partner
Feebee0801
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melissa,

No this file does not exist on my PC.

I am using Windows 10. There is no server or network connected to my basic home desk top computer.

I have no clue what "edition" of MYOB I am using. The software was originally installed on my PC & I have completed the updates ever since.

Thx,

MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,283 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1283Posts

189Kudos

144Solutions

Hi @Feebee0801,

I hope I am able to assist.

The location @Melissa73 is trying to get you to access will be on the computer you have installed the software unless you have a special cloud environment setup for your company which means that you would need to consult your IT professional to help you recover the file.

The diagnostics file in the location that we are trying to access is necessary to help identify what is causing this issue.

Here is another way you can try to access this file on the computer the program is installed on. On your keyboard press the Windows key (located between the Ctrl and Alt keys at the bottom-left of your keyboard) and the letter R at the same time. If done correctly you will have a window similar to the one below.Untitled.png

Once this window opens up please clear the Open field and make sure it is blank. Then copy and paste %localappdata% in to this field. Once you have done this click the okay button.

This will now bring up a window that has files and folders in it. Please navigate to the MYOB folder (just the four letter one), AccountRight, 20XX.X (where X is the version you have installed), Diagnostics.

Once you have navigated to this folder successfully please grab the file that is located here called Huxley.Application and upload it on your reply.

If you are having trouble with any of these instructions please consult an IT professional to be able to assist you in the recovery of this file, so that we may be able to assist you further.

Please note: Before uploading any documents or images please remove any sensitive information before uploading it to this public forum.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Feebee0801
12 Posts
Partner
Feebee0801
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jake,

I've found the file you need me to upload. However your RED BOLD WARNING about removing sensitive information is a bit of a concern.

Looking at the text file, it has all sorts of information in it. How am I to know what is and isn't sensitive and what should be removed from public view.

I'd prefer to email this file to someone privately. Can you provide an alternate communication method?

thank you

MYOB Moderator Jake_N
1,283 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Jake_N
MYOB Moderator

1283Posts

189Kudos

144Solutions

Hi @Feebee0801,

Sorry about the concern with the red warning.

An alternative method of passing the log file is by private message (click here for help).

I have sent you one so that all you have to do is reply with the attachment.

To access you private messages please click on your profile avatar at the top right of the screen, then click on the mail icon in the menu that open to the right of your screen.

If you have any trouble please reply to let us know.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post