Validation Exception error when saving recurring sales transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,637 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,637Posts

4,352Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Validation Exception error when saving recurring sales transactions

Hi @Vandavic

The error log  seems to indicate what was described on Build, billing and error message that the program is generating a System.DivideByZeroException message. As mentioned on that particular post I would recommend making sure that you don't have duplicate lines for the same item and that you don't have a 100% discount line on the order.

Along with that if you do have any transactional lines do make sure that you have an account/item and an amount entered. For example if you are entering a description only line it should be entered as a Edit>>Insert Header line rather than entered directly onto the order without selecting an item/account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Vandavic
92 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

92Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your comments Steven.

We were already aware of selecting Edit>Insert Header line and ensure this procedure is followed.

As explained previously, in our business we have to enter duplicate lines for the same item number and in previous versions of MYOB that we have used we have never had this issue. It is up to MYOB to find a solution to this issue and not for us, the customer, to have to change an order entry procedure which has worked perfectly in the past on previous versions.

To be frank with you Steven, I wish we had never changed over to AccountRight Live as since we have we have had nothing but one issue after the other, as you are aware with our regular messages. Every time we do a transaction, we hold our breath and hope an error message of some sort doesn't come up.

This issue together with 'Build, billing and error message' issue have caused our staff to waste a lot of time trying to work around solutions.

We have used MYOB since 2001, but if they don't come up with solutions soon, I don't know how much longer I will continue to support them.

Kind regards

Vandavic

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,637 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,637Posts

4,352Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Vandavic

I'm sorry to hear that you do feel that way and thank you for sharing your comments. I have shared them with the team.

The particular message is something that we have passed onto the program development team for further investigation to get rectified with a future release. At this stage we don't have a time frame for that particular fix however the workarounds that have been provided both on this post and your other one do work in most cases to avoid that error message getting generated so the relevant transaction can be recorded.

Once again thank you for your comments, I have shared them with the team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Vandavic
92 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

92Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunateley, you are the one in the middle and we have to take our frustrations out on someone Smiley Sad

I have read a lot of the issues put on the community forum and it appears we are not the only people experiencing frustrating difficulties with AR Live.

If you have not already done so, could you please convey to your team the urgency required to fix these isuues which continue to bug us.

Kind regards

Vandavic

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post