27 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Weird quantities on three items

I am having the same issue with the weird quantities.... on 3 items.

3.5527136788005E-15 
 1.77635683940025E-15

-3.5527136788005E-15 

15 REPLIES 15
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,386Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Re: weird quantities with lots of digits

Hi @paulas 

We do have a script in which can run over company files that are showing unusually long decimal places or N/A inventory values or a negative inventory message when changing the preferences. Just before we do arrange for that we need for you to check the following:

Please note that if you do have any receive item transactions these would need to be converted into Bills before this process.

• Go to Inventory>>Item List>>Inventoried tab, click to sort by On Hand (select the column heading). Ensure that no items are showing as having a negative on hand value.
  • Run the Inventory Value Reconciliation and check to ensure that there no invalid amounts. Invalid amounts being a negative or an item that has 0 on hand but a value in Inventory

If those options are fine and you don't have any negative values we can arrange for the script to be run. For us to do this we need to confirm the following details:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

paulas
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

what you are saying doesnt make sense to me, as I hav told you that we have three problems with weird inventory numbers - long ones and one is a negative....and yes when we run the inventory report they say 0 inventory but are showing on our stock on hand because of the weird numbers.....

so this statement doesnt make sense - as you are saying if this applies you cant run your script?

"Run the Inventory Value Reconciliation and check to ensure that there no invalid amounts. Invalid amounts being a negative or an item that has 0 on hand but a value in Inventory"

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,386Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @paulas 

Generally speaking, those long numbers being negative is fine when we are running a script.

Before running that script, we are more interested in those items that are negative whole value number, for example, you have an item with an on-hand quantity of -10.  This is a similar thing with items that have 0 on hand with a current value, not including those long number items.

If it's just those selected three items that are generating that situation then do let us know the requested information (online vs local, last four digits of serial number, company file ID), so we arrange for the script to be run for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

paulas
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

okay I believe we have received all outstanding items in now...and all in order.  We use this file online (10 plus users) so should we get out of it before you do your script and perhaps do a backup just in case...?

our serial number is (last four digits) 4542 and its file id number 3 ( we have four other files in the cloud.  le tme know when you will do this please 

ta

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,386Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @paulas 

Generally speaking, we do recommend that clients log out of their company files when we do run a script. However, I've arranged for those inventory scripts to be run when users are in the file. Although, it doesn't hurt to take a backup at some point should it not work as intend. So do take a backup and let us know when that has been completed (understand you might want to complete that at a later time in the day) so we can arrange for that script to be run.

While, it's highly unlikely, it's worth mentioning, don't attempt to close a financial year in the next day or two. This is just a high intense file task so the scripts would unlikely work if you are in the middle of running that script and we do run those scripts.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

paulas
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks I have actually closed my 31/3/2020 finanical year yet - should I do this first or later now....

We will all be out and a backup done by 6pm tonight. Will that work for you to run your script?

thanks alot

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,386Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @paulas 

You are not required to close your financial year, I'm merely indicating don't complete that process in the next few days.

We'll arrange for the script to be run when that backup has been completed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

paulas
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

its just that you reminded me that we have not rolled over our 2020 financial year. Is it okay I do it before we run this script tonight, or should I leave and do it next weeek?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,386Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @paulas 

We've arranged for the script to be run for you. Do ensure that you close down and reopen that company file. This will ensure that the script is run as intended.

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post