12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

What User Access to change prices?

Hi, We need to manually update a lot of prices which I want to delegate to a staff member. What "boxes" need to be ticked in User Access/Manage Roles to allow this function without giving access to accounts and financial info? The expected "Inventory/Set Item Prices.....Read & Write" options does not grant the user that access.......nor does ticking everything under Inventory. What other boxes need to be ticked to allow someone to change prices? 

After hours of mucking around, and over an hour on the phone to support (I had to hang up as it was going nowhere), it appears that only the Bookkeeper or Admin roles can change prices, which surely can't be right. Any suggestions? 

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,033Kudos

889Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: What User Access to change prices?

Hi @DJMX5 

Based on my tests with modifying the privileges of a Custom Role, my test user was able to open Set Item Prices with these privileges at a minimum:

Inventory > Inventory Command Centre

Inventory > Set Item Prices (Read & Write)

If you are selecting different Roles for the User, I suggest creating your own Custom Role with the privileges you want and then give that User the Custom Role you made. Here is the best some support note on how to do this: Set up roles

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.05.34 pm.png

Let us know if you run into any more troubles on this.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Cover User DJMX5
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: What User Access to change prices?

Well, there you go. That worked. So changing the privileges of an existing role did nothing, yet duplicating that exact same role and giving it a different name works. Hmmmm. 

Anyway, my problem is solved so I'll let you put that on the bugs list (as it surely must bea bug) for the next release. 

Thank you. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post