When emailing a purchase order. The email address shows as an invalid email address.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
janep
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

When emailing a purchase order. The email address shows as an invalid email address.

We are unable to email PO where the email address contains an "&" and "."

We are currently emailing to ourselves and then forwarding

Why is the email showing as invalid when trying to send from MYOB?

4 REPLIES 4
Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Re: When emailing a purchase order. The email address shows as an invalid email address.

Hi @janep 

Thank you for your post.

From my understanding, the characters you have provided should not be causing an invalid email message. Instead, when you get a message that an email address is invalid, it generally means that you have not separated the addresses by a semicolon without spaces. Please have a look and let me know if that is the case you are receiving this message, however if it is not we will investigate the matter further for you.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

janep
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: When emailing a purchase order. The email address shows as an invalid email address.

Hi Jesh

When emailing it pops up in a red box ERROR  ... is not a valid email address

We can use the same email address when emailing the supplier direct from Outlook

Not sure why MYOB will not recognise the email?

Regards

Jane

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @janep 

Thank you for your reply.

Having investigated this further, the & in the email address would be the cause of that message. Personally I have not come across an email address with ampersands in it. However following some research they do exist, but most email systems will only allow for standard English Characters(A-Z), numbers 0-9 or dashes (-) to be setup. So while it is a valid email address, AccountRight will currently not allow it, but it is something I will pass on to the relevant team to have a look at further.

In the meantime, I would recommend speaking to that particular client and see if they do have a different email address that can be used.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

janep
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jesh,

Thanks for your response, supplier only has that email

So we will continue to save into a PDF and email, hopefully the next update might address this

Kind Regards

Jane

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post