Window control buttons missing from report windows

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User TMEddy
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Window control buttons missing from report windows

Has anyone else noticed that after the update of 2018.4.1 the window control buttons on report windows are now missing - or more accurately, hidden?  If you click in the general area of where they should be they still appear to work, however, they are no longer visible.  This is annoying as you have to take a guess as to where they are to minimise, maximise or close off your window.

MYOB window controls missing.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Window control buttons missing from report windows

Hi @TMEddy

Just testing the Windows option in my AccountRight 2018.4.1 product, within my environment the Supplier Payment History report among other reports do show those options:

Attachment2.PNG

If you are experiencing a different situation I would recommend trying in the sample company file Clearwater to see if the same thing is occurring. If the same thing is occurring in that sample company file a reinstall of the product may be required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User TMEddy
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven,

I have had a look at the sample company file and it is the same in there.

MYOB window controls Sample Coy.JPG

So it looks like a reinstall may be in order.  Thank you.

Contributing Cover User Lisa83
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am having exactly the same problem! Really frustrating when you have multiple reports you want to run and look at.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Lisa83 

As mentioned in my previous reply on this thread, I would recommend trying the sample company file to see if the same thing is occurring. If the same thing is occurring then a reinstall of the program may be required. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Lisa83
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

The thing is I tried your advice to no avail... hopeing that MYOB would take the time to fix it's bugs. Attitude not necessary.

Kind Regards

Lisa Steel

Cyclone_Print
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same issue. Wondering wether this is a resolution issue. Is anyone with the same problem running over 1920x1080 screen resolution? I am running 2k monitors and have the issue.

Partner KathyJ
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

The problem appears to be when using DisplayLink-connected monitors since the Windows 10 1809 update. DisplayLink is the technology to connect computer screens via USB ports.

The problem for me with the missing control buttons in the report window started when I received the Windows 10 1809 update a few days ago.

The problem goes away if I disconnect my USB to Display dock containing DisplayLink technology and use my laptop screen. The problem also goes away if I connect the external display directly through HDMI - so all signs point to the DisplayLink dock being the culprit.

I updated the DisplayLink driver from https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows to the latest and it did not help. So the Windows 1809 update must have introduced an obscure change which only produces a bug under select circumstances.

Can everybody else who is experiencing this problem confirm if they have monitors connected via USB ports with DisplayLink? If the monitors are attached with USB and it is not a USB Type-C reversible connector then it is probably DisplayLink.

Thanks to anybody who can confirm or deny that they have the same cause of this problem.

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

Just a suggestion for possible workarounds while this is being sorted: try Alt F4 to close a report and Altl Tab to swap between reports and other modules.

Cheers

Liz

Experienced Partner Rita_Davila
14 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I agree that it seems resolution related. We have several workstations, and this problem is only occurring on the workstation with 2K screens - any workaround yet?

Rita Davila
Accounting Consultant
rita@redtoblack.com.au
Accounting and Bookkeeping
Red to Black Accounting
321 Portrush Road
Toorak Gardens SA 5065
Australia
mb 0402 457 482
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or