allocate items sold to different income account?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
fivegeesewines
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

allocate items sold to different income account?

Hi there,

My scenario is we sell same product (item) to domestic market and overseas. We would like to track the sales of these two markets. I set up 2 income accounts which are 4-1100 Domestic and 4-1200 Export. But it seems I can only attribut one to the item. Do I have to set up another item to record for the other income account? Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: allocate items sold to different income account?

Hi @fivegeesewines 

AccountRight will only allow for one account to be set up as the linked Income Account for Tracking Sales per item. 

If you are wishing to use a different account you do have the following options:

• Record a journal entry to transfer the required amount across to the new account after recording the invoice
  • Create a new item and use that for those transactions.
  • Change the linked account each time prior to recording an invoice

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

fivegeesewines
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks Steven,

Among your suggestions, I choose option 3. Thanks again.

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

492Posts

38Kudos

36Solutions

Hi @fivegeesewines 

As you can see MYOB posts all sales of the same item to the one GL Income account.

However the GL is not the only place you can track things like the type of Customer or Market you sell into. Infact I would suggest that if using MYOB the GL is most definitely not the best place to do this type of tracking.

I would not recommend changing the GL account attached to an item prior each sale, that is not efficient and will be prone to error.

You can determine if each Customer is an Export or Domestic customer when you setup the Customer Card. Simply setup a Custom List called Customer Type and allocate each Customer to either Export or Domestic. See link below for how to use Custom Lists.

Then invoice all wine sales using the one Item for each product. 

You will be able to run a Customer Sales report in MYOB and Filter to select only Export Customers etc.

You may also like to look at the Advanced Reporting MYOB App Market Place  for addon solutions that also provide very flexible reporting over Sales, Inventory, Margins etc

As an example our Business Intelligence solution BI4Cloud will let you report over Sales and Margins by:

• Customer and Item Custom lists
  • Customer Location ( State, Country)
  • Salesperson etc.

See the following links for more details.

I hope this helps.

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
fivegeesewines
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Steven,

In order to track different market sales figure, I found there is an Income Account setting in the Customer Card (see screen shot). I tried to set it as an different income account from the income account set in the item card. But when I press Ctrl-R to do a recap, it's still allocated to the income account set in the item card. My question is, then what is the function for this income account setting in the customer card? Thanks. 

Capture2.PNG
fivegeesewines
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Allright, I get it. It's a default account for non-item sales. Cheers...

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post