MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

can not open my file on Accountingright 2015.3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced User SouthStar
13 Posts
Experienced User
SouthStar
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

can not open my file on Accountingright 2015.3

Hello, I am using Accountright 2015.3 and can not open my file and get an error ”Unable to activate your company file”. Could you help me? Thank you

Kind regards, Zhuoran

1.png
3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
6,134 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

6134Posts

987Kudos

876Solutions

Re: can not open my file on Accountingright 2015.3

Hi @SouthStar

I was able to find an account using your email address, and I can see a locked file with several attempts to confirm online.

It looks like this file was locked in: 28/11/2018 as there was an attempt to confirm the file with the file upgraded to 2018.3 despite the Licence only able to use 2015.4 at the latest. This then locked the file so any more attempts to confirm will fail, even if you use the correct software.

I've now unlocked this so if you use 2015.4 or lower, then you should be able to confirm your file online again. If you close and re-open now, let me know if this now works.

As for why it had been used in 2018.3, I suggest checking into how this happened to see where the file may have been at that time to ensure no more attempts to upgrade or use can happen so it no longer locks your file. I have seen cases where accountants can upgrade the file to run some reports as they won't need to return the file though this still sends a confirmation request in the background to us which locks the file.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

Experienced User SouthStar
13 Posts
Experienced User
SouthStar
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

Thank you for your help. I can open the file now.

I cannot fully understand what you said. I am using MYOB 2015.3. Does it need to be updated?

Kind regards, 

Zhuoran

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
6,134 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

6134Posts

987Kudos

876Solutions

Hi @SouthStar

You do not need to upgrade if you do not wish to, what I was meaning is that the latest version you can use without a subscription is 2015.4 in your case. This means you can use anything older than that as well.

So you can continue using 2015.3 & 2015.4 but nothing higher like 2016.1 if that makes sense.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post