Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

change invoice to quote

please provide the ability to change an invoice to a quote.  this is slow, cumbersome and annoying. 

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator
38,689 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,689Posts

5,264Kudos

5,686Solutions

Re: change invoice to quote

Hi @AndrewSimms 

Once a sale transaction has been recorded you are only able to go up the sales status chain i.e. quote to order to invoice.  If you are needing to go back to a previous sale status the process outlined on Help Article: Changing the customer on a recorded invoice would allow for that functionality.

In terms of adding that functionality natively to the product, it is not a feature that we are currently considering at this time, it may be something for the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

okay, sounds like im just wasting my time here in this space, waste time here, waste time in the software..myob loves wasting my time

MYOB Moderator
38,689 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,689Posts

5,264Kudos

5,686Solutions

Hi @AndrewSimms 

Sorry to hear that you do feel that way.

AccountRight does have a logic flow with the sale status in terms of accounts and values. For example, when you record a quote the accounts are not affected, if the record and invoice or convert a quote or order to an invoice that is when the accounts get affected.

Assuming you could change an invoice to a quote, what you are doing with the accounts affected by that change? Delete the transaction or move it across with a quote - but the idea behind the quote is not to affect the accounts? If we went down the delete route what are you going to do with invoices created in a previous financial year?

These are all things that would need to be considered and potentially other questions before we look into the route of moving sale status backward up the chain. As exploratory work hasn't been done in that space, this is not something that is actively consider at this time.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post