complaint

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Perplexed
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

complaint

Trying to reconcile Company Data Auditor results and need assistance to correct variences.

Phoned MYOB support and waited almost an hour before a lady answered.

She listened to my explanation of the problem and honestly, it took longer for her to confirm my Company details than it did for her to transfer me to someone who could address the problem.

Waited another half an hour for that person to answer.

The telephone was crackly and my convestation was being echoed. Not suitable for this kind of discussion.

The gentleman, who was based in South Africa, offered to phone back in 20 minutes.

This he did, but the crackling was so bad - I just couldn't continue, no matter how much I needed to have the conversation.

I asked that he get someone in Australia to ring back and I think he understood - before hanging up.

Software support is essential for any business using MYOB and it should be easy to obtain.

Clearly, it's not! as can be seen by other similar posts.

Now trying to lodge a complaint with MYOB, but am again on hold (half an hour just slipped past).

How frustrating is this! And waiting this long to speak with someone in other parts of the world, may be economical for MYOB - All you've done is transfer the cost to your customers.

11 REPLIES 11
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: complaint

Hi @Perplexed 

I'm sorry to hear the trouble you had contacting our phone support team. We do offer other means of support such as LiveChat, Help articles and this forum where experienced users are also happy to assist, you may find one of them better suited for your needs. Additionally, on our Contact page, there is the option to submit feedback & complaints. 

Coming back to the Company data Auditor you mentioned, I would recommend following this Help article Run the company data auditor, which explains every step with more details and what to do when there's an out of balance. If you run into any trouble, please do post details/screenshots of the problem here, we are happy to look into it.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Perplexed
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks CloverQ, Live Chat and Help articles did not assist with this problem.

The Contact page just got me back to the long telephone wait and then a further wait for someone who might be able to deal with the problem.

The Help article on running the data auditor, was of little use as the difference relates to the MYOB cloud total. not a transaction on the linked receivables account balance.

I have now rung the call centre once again and, after another hours wait and transfer to someone with a bit more knowledge, I find that the Total Amount Outstanding (Cloud) difference may be a known MYOB problem. My contact was investigating this aspect whenI just lost connection and don't know the result of her search.

If I don't hear back and get a resolution, I'll send you a screenshot - thank you.

Perplexed
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

The problem still exists!

Run the Data Auditor and get two numbers: -

1. Total Amount Outstanding figure - assume this number comes from the cloud...

2. Linked receivables Account Balance - which agrees with: -

(a) Ledger account code balance

(b) Aged Receivables Report balance

(c) Receivable Reconciliation Report balance

It's only out by a couple of hundred dollars, but annoying never-the-less.

MYOB didn't confirm that it was a known issue, but suspected it.

I would need to have MYOB amend the cloud number, but that probably means I wouldn't be able to use the software for some days - not something I'd warm to.

Don't know any other solution?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Perplexed 

The Total Amount Outstanding amount comes from the sales invoices recorded and the Linked Receivables Account Balance comes from transactions posted to the Trade Debtors account.

If your Total Amount Oustanding figure in the desktop report is different to the browser version of that report, have you recorded a sale with a zero dollar line with a tax amount? Can you provide screenshots of the desktop and browser report?

If the Total Amount Outstanding amount is the same in both versions of the report, this help article, Receivables, payables or inventory out of balance, has detailed information on what causes and how to fix out of balance issues.

Please let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Perplexed
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Tracey, very helpful information; however, my balance issue seems to stem back a few years when we converted to the cloud with MYOB. So unable to track down the particular error transaction/s and effect a repir.

To this point, as long as the Receivables Reconciliation Report total agreed with the Receivables Account ledger balance, then our auditors were happy.

The Company Data Auditor difference is only a couple of hundred dollars, which I would be happy to expense - for the sake of making the two totals agree.

Can you suggest a way to effect a change in the Total Amount Outstanding figure, without affecting the Linked Receivables Account Balance?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Perplexed 

As that Total Amount Outstanding figure comes from transactions recorded through Sales the only way to change it would be to record/delete/reverse/edit a sale transaction, which in turn will impact the linked account. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Perplexed
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Tracey, that's pretty much the problem;

If I process an adjusting Sales entry, that amends the Linked Receivable Account Balance - but ALSO adjusts the Total Amount Outstanding figure and results in the same difference between the two reconciliation totals.

I may be missing something in all this, but whatever I do in Sales, affects both these report balances and the variation persists.

I need to either: -

Change the Total Amount Outstanding figure - without affecting the Linked Receivables Account Balance; or, vice versa.

Just not sure how to accomplish this???

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Perplexed 

You're not missing anything, whatever you do in Sales will affect both of those balances. Having said that, you can change the linked account temporarily to another account like the suspense account in Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Sales. Keep in mind that you'll still need to record a sale to make that adjustment so that will also affect the account you allocate the sale to and may have other flow on affects. I'd recommend checking with the accountant before doing that, it might be better to leave that out of balance there considering everything else balances and it's been there so long.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Liz_A
Valued User
328 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

328Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

There may be someone who can help you but I am not allowed to mention them on here. Email me at majubawest@hotmail.com and I will give you the details  - hopefully they can help you .

Cheers

Liz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post