email address

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rosiel
8 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

8Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

email address

Would you very helpful to enter different recipients email address, as the invoices you send to a customer are often a different email address that you would send a purchase order to.  And sometimes the customer statements need to go to a Head Office email address in another state.

7 REPLIES 7
Partner ASWatCR
242 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

242Posts

450Kudos

0Solutions

Re: email address

I think this idea is duplicated elsewhere, but I have voted for it anyway as it would be a good enhancement and one that I think would be easy to do??? Fingers crossed.

LukeCaldwell
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I vote for that

MYOB Product Manager Dale
43 Posts
MYOB Product Manager
Australia
MYOB Product Manager

43Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

Status changed to: Already in product

Folks, it may be that I have miss understood this request so please correct me if I got it wrong and I will update the status. In the product today you are able to record multiple email addresses against a supplier or customer card for different locations. When in the card you can change the location drop down and enter multiple addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. For example, head office and the Victorian branch. When sending invoices and statements both individually or in bulk the email address includes a drop down arrow which allows you to select the email address to use depending on the location you wish to send it to. There is another idea that has been posted which is to allow a single email to be sent to multiple recipients which is also a good idea.
Trusted User Julie_B
215 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

215Posts

122Kudos

0Solutions

I think maybe they mean that we can send the same invoice to multiple addresses, eg cc'd at once rather than having to go back into it.

Rosiel
8 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

8Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

I think this was a bit mis-understood. I'm referring to having more than one email address attached to a customer at one location.  We send out Order Acknowledgments, Invoices and Statements for the one customer. However, it may involve 3 different personnel within the one customer who each want to receive only the invoice, or only the statement.  Their purchases dept may only want the order acknowledgment, their a/cs may only want the invoice, then their Head Office may only want the statement.  At the moment I can only automatically send all 3 to one email address.  Alternative is to remember who gets what at each stage, which doesn't always happen. 

Highlighted
Trusted User Julie_B
215 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

215Posts

122Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Rosiel - I understand what you mean now. I remember the old days when the mail was delivered to the receptionist, and he/she used to open it up and put it into the appropriate staff mail boxes ... well I ask for one specific email address and that's where it all goes unless I'm dealing with specific people for quoting.  For all invoices and statements I ask for a generic accounts dept email address, not a "personally named" address because I get tired of emails being returned when people leave, and their addresses are closed down, or "we didn't get it". My generic message relays an apology if this has been incorrectly sent to them, but then asks the person who receives the email to please forward this invoice/statement to the appropriate person/s. Technology is great, but I think sometimes companies have to take some responsibility in filtering their email themselves.  Does anyone know of another programme that "automatically" (because that's what we're asking) sends different aspects of their accounting mail to different departments? I don't. There has to be some manual input here - and it's very time consuming. What happened to just putting ... "Attention: (person's name)" and it being delivered.  That's my rant for the day/week Smiley Happy

Contributing User Phil_mtc
6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

+1 for Rosiel's idea - I have many customers who want invoices mailed to the purchasing dept, statements to the accountant etc.  How hard would it be to have a table of forms/email addresses & allow multiple addresses in a semi-colon seperated fashion for each form type - this would address two issues at once - having a single type of document sent to multiple people & control over where each form is emailed. 

Julie_B - I understand where you are coming from, but we are a small supplier to large customers - they tell us how & where to send things and we don't want to upset the apple cart by not doing as they request.

My $0.02 anyway ! 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post