export report to excel

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
rod23
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

export report to excel

Bought a new computer why cant I export reports to excel? the excel button is shaded out

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: export report to excel

Hi @rod23 

The issues associated with not being able to export reports to excel are mostly environmental. Therefore, we would have to go through a series of troubleshooting steps to identify what's causing the problem.

The first thing to check would be if Microsoft Excel is installed locally as a desktop app on your computer. If it's accessed from web browser, then you won't be able to use the exporting to excel feature as AccountRight cannot find compatible Excel on the system. In addition, please ensure that the version of Microsoft Excel installed is 32 bit. 

Secondly, we would check if the Spreadsheets folder in AccountRight has full read write permissions. The Spreadsheet reports in AccountRight are saved in a set location, if you do have full control within Windows or the folder doesn't exist or the folder is empty then the Send to Excel option would be grey. The relevant path for the Spreadsheet folder is:

C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\201x.x\Reports\Spreadsheet

If you have full control over that path, and you have checked that the Spreadsheet folder exists and is not empty, you would be looking at a reinstall of AccountRight.

Please let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

rod23
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: export report to excel

Hi Komal yes your answer solved my problem -thanks. I bought a new computer and didn't realise I had to actually install excel as excel itself was functioning fine.

cheers

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post