frustrated ! "an unbalanced transaction may not be recorded" while it is balanced transaction

Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

frustrated ! "an unbalanced transaction may not be recorded" while it is balanced transaction

I've been using Accoutright since 2004, I believe I know it quite well. couple of month ago upgraded to Premier, problems came up again and again.

Today's issue is : an item was received, we transfer to bill from order. search the order, click bill, enter the qty received 593440 pcs,  leave back order 606560 pcs, by price 0.02224 foreign currency, auto calculated amount 13198.11 which is round to the nearest and this is correct.  also we leave all other items in the same order with back order. then click RECORD, but got popup window saying "an unbalanced transaction may not be recorded" , we recalculate the amount found no error, delete the number 13198.11 and keyboard enter the same correct number, then click elsewhere let it in. click RECORD, problem is still there. Really frustrated. also tried put in 100% discount to get the amount zero, but still the same problem , doesn't help.

Screenshot attached.  somebody could help ? much appreciated.

20201107 balanced unbalanced.png
6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator
38,840 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,840Posts

5,282Kudos

5,707Solutions

Re: frustrated ! "an unbalanced transaction may not be recorded" while it is balanced transaction

Hi @suping 

You generally encounter the message "An unbalance transaction may not be recorded" message when editing or recording a sales or purchase transaction where you have lines that have 3 decimal places and rounding is involved (which tends to be hidden in the back-end).

Typically, a user can correct these messages by on of the following methods:

• Clicking on the Tax Inclusive tickbox, then clicking on it again. This will force the system to recalculate the tax components of the transactions thus recalculates the rounding.
  • Clicking into the quantity and rate of the transactional lines and re-typing those values. This will force the system to recalculate the transactional lines thus recalculates the transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: frustrated ! "an unbalanced transaction may not be recorded" while it is balanced transaction

thank you for your reply.

I tried both but doesn't work. Any other solution ?

MYOB Moderator
38,840 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,840Posts

5,282Kudos

5,707Solutions

Hi @suping 

Based on the testing, we have been able to record the transaction successfully with the transactional line being the same as your screenshot:

Attachment.PNG

Without full seeing the full transaction i.e. can see all transactional lines it's hard for us to fully represent that transaction in our systems for testing purposes to see if those other lines are impacting the process.

If updating the line record rate or ticking and unticking tax inclusive has not resolved that message, the next step would be to look at re-recording the transaction. You could look at using the Help Article: Changing the supplier on a recorded bill for a process to look at generating that bill without the need to manually re-enter the transactional lines.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks for your response and trying help.

However your test enter is from entering bill. Ours is from transfer order to bill with backorder qty.

If you could call me at 0432 484 196 and then email me a Teamviewer link I could shear with you my screen you will see the whole thing to get a better understanding of the issue. Things goes wrong quite often in transfer order to bill with partially backordered and foreign currency involved.

MYOB Moderator
38,840 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,840Posts

5,282Kudos

5,707Solutions

Hi @suping 

Thank you for providing that additional information relating to the transfer from an order. 

Just testing that situation on my company file, I was able to successfully record the bill and have that generate the necessary Backorder component of the transaction.

Attachment.PNG

As indicated, without seeing the full transaction we aren't fully able to represent what is occurring and thus our test may be flawed by that. Based on the limited information we can see the recommendation would be to create that transaction as a Bill directly and then enter the amounts as a backorder. 

Note: if you do require phone-based assistance we do have a support-based phone team available. Their contact information can be found on the Contact Us page

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted Cover User
31 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

31Posts

9Kudos

2Solutions

FYI - I have just had the same problem with Accountright 2020.3. Those 2 solutions also didn't work. I had to re-enter the invoice, which is easier now that you can have 2 tiles open. However, the balance of the 2nd invoice was different to the 1st invoice, one of the items was displaying with the incorrect price, i tried to rectify it and record but it still said out of balance???? Anyway... I worked around it, but a bit of a glitch.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post