how to cancel a layby that has had a deposit on it and the customer does not want the refund

Ange11
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

how to cancel a layby that has had a deposit on it and the customer does not want the refund

A customer has paid $100 on a layby and does not want the $100 back, how do I cancel it 

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,716 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,716Posts

786Kudos

909Solutions

Re: how to cancel a layby that has had a deposit on it and the customer does not want the refund

Hi @Ange11 

Thanks for your post. This help article has step-by-step instructions on how to cancel a lay-by: Lay-by sales

If the customer doesn't want a refund you could leave the credit unapplied in case you want to apply it to a future invoice.

Or, go to the Sales Register>>Returns & Credits tab>>open the transaction by clicking on the zoom arrow>>reverse the credit transaction. Back in the Returns & Credits tab highlight the credit transaction and click on Apply to Sale. When the Apply to Sale window opens you can apply the credit to the reversal transaction.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post