how to reverse a credit note

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

how to reverse a credit note

Hello

I am trying to fix a problem in regard to Company Data Auditor - Out of Balance transaction.

A deposit was paid in June 22.

The deposit was changed on June 30 to an invoice but the transfer from deposits is showing the date of July 1.

I tried to reverse the invoice on June 30 and have done something wrong because it hasn't changed the original transaction. 

When I go into the customers name in Sales register, it is showing the original transaction plus a 'reversal' dated June 30, but this reversal is showing as a credit.

How can I Delete This Incorrect Credit ? (and hopefully start again by reversing the original transaction and re-doing the transaction this credit from the start).

Regards

Lindy

5 REPLIES 5
Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Re: how to reverse a credit note

Hi @Wilfords 

Thank you for your post.

In AccountRight a reversal transaction is a new transaction that replicates the original transaction, but with debit amounts shown as credit amounts and vice versa. After posting a reversal transaction, you have two transactions (the original and the reversal), but the account balances appear as if the original transaction was never posted. Here is a Help Article that provides more information and guides you on how to Reverse a transaction.

Please let me know how you get on and f you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

We have reversed the sale and applied the credit note with no issue but that doesn't seem to have solved our problem.

I have attached some screenshots to show the issue. We have a Receivables Reconciliation Exception from June 30th. We believe it is the $120 Transfer from Deposit showing on July 1st. Normally the Transfer from Deposit happens on the same day as the invoice date (June 30th). As we cant delete the transfer, we had hoped reversing the sale would solve it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kristina

Screenshot (8)_LI.jpgScreenshot (4)_LI.jpg

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hi @Wilfords 

Thank you for your reply and supplying screenshots for me. 

What we can see from your screenshots is that it looks like a false out of balance due to dates on the transactions. With that said, if you run the report for a future date it should resolve for you.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hello,

Thanks for that, I did that and it balanced.

But does it matter that we have these exceptions at the end of the financial year? Doesnt everything need to balance?

Many thanks,

Kristina

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Wilfords 

Thank you for your response and we are glad that worked for you. This is the best way to resolve this issue, however if you are concerned about having any out of balance amounts at EOFY, I would recommend speaking with your accounting advisor.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post