MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

importing receive payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner penejane
46 Posts
Partner
Australia
penejane
Partner

46Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

importing receive payment

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong the record is using "add import data" and by cardID

The header

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,672 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6672Posts

443Kudos

1075Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: importing receive payment

Hi @penejane,

The error log suggests the import process timed out, which could be caused by the program was having trouble reading the import file, thus taking too long to respond and time out.

Having a look of the import file, the format of the bank account number is incorrect, the - is not required. Since there are two separate payments for different invoices, an empty line is required inbetween each receive payment transaction. The field headers are not aligned with the available fields in AccountRight, which means during the field matching step, you'll need to manually match the fields, which opens up to possible matching errors. 

I have made some changes to these areas mentioned above, and tested the import, which imported successfully. I have attached the edited import file below. I did not make change to the column header 'Ref', as I'm not sure what information it actually is, this field is left out in my test import. You can edit the header so it matches to one of AccountRight's available fields, then include it in the import. 

On a side note, during the import test, if you need to do multiple imports, please do not use the 'Import more data' option, simply close the import screen and start over again. Please do let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner penejane
46 Posts
Partner
Australia
penejane
Partner

46Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

I have saved your file and tried to import still timing out

Partner penejane
46 Posts
Partner
Australia
penejane
Partner

46Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

I have saved your file and tried to import still timing out

Do I need to work off line maybe to stop the timeout?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9869Posts

1079Kudos

1388Solutions

Hi @penejane

If you are experiencing timeout errors when trying to import a file online, the next step would be to check the file out and try importing again.

By checking the file out and working offline it helps rule out your internet connection and associated issues from being the cause of the timeout issues. As most internet connections tend to be slower uploading than downloading, one possible cause of the timeout error could be that the information being uploaded is taking too long to be brought into the file.

If you still experience timeout issues when importing on a checked-out file, then we can provide you with a timeout extender which has been known to assist some clients in getting around these timeout errors. Please do let us know if you would like us to provide you with the extender.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner penejane
46 Posts
Partner
Australia
penejane
Partner

46Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

I tried checking out still very slow and not always successful

Please supply time extended for Streamline Plumbing SA Pty Ltd Myob serial number : 61XX XXXX XX65

Also can a remittance with numerous invoices paid on it be uploaded as one payment?

<Edit - Obscured serial number for security reasons>

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9869Posts

1079Kudos

1388Solutions

HI @penejane

Thanks for trying that, sometimes simply taking the file offline can make a huge difference although it does depend on the amount of information being imported into the file as to how quick it is to import the file.

I have edited your reply to obscure your serial number of security reasons.

I have sent you a private message regarding obtaining the timeout extender, I do hope you find this helpful in assisting your importing issues.

We recommend using a line break between each invoice to be paid. This is because it makes troubleshooting easier as each individual invoice will be separated so if you have an import error on one receive payment transaction you can easily identify the appropriate invoice that is causing the issue.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post