MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

incorrect account appearing if type too fast

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User wcm
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
wcm
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

incorrect account appearing if type too fast

I have found that when allocating amounts to different accounts in almost any type of transaction, if I type too fast, the account that appears is not the account that I typed. I have tested this numerous times and it is almost as if I need to wait for MYOB to recognise which type of account I am entering (i.e. 1 for asset, 2 for liability, 4 for income etc.) before it will correctly acknowledge the rest of the digits in the acocunt number. So for example if I quickly type 4-2001 the number that comes up is 4-0201 or sometimes 4-0021 depending on how quickly I enter it, and neither of these other numbers are actually existing account numbers so then if I hit enter or tab after them, MYOB chooses the closest account number to the numer on the screen to use as the allocated account. But if I type the number 4 and then wait a moment before I type the rest of the account number, the correct number appears every time. This might explain why some users are complaining about MYOB allocating things incorrectly as they type one thing and the system allocates another. This is another speed issue which slows down my data entry time and requires me to look ata the screen all the time as I am entering rather than looking at the source document from which I am entering. This was not a problem in previous non-cloud versions of MYOB.

I know MYOB say they are constantly working on speed issues but is MYOB doing anything about this particular one as I don't believe it has anything to do with the speed of anyones internet connection?

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Emile
2,625 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Emile
MYOB Moderator

2625Posts

379Kudos

310Solutions

Re: incorrect account appearing if type too fast

Hi @wcm,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I have tried this out on a local file and the right number are getting picked up each time. A different number than intended did show up at times but that was due to me hitting the numbers in the wrong order when typing quickly.

Are you able to confirm if you are using a cloud file? If so, could you try checking out the file through File > Check out and then testing the numbers?

Kind Regards,

Emile
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User Kimberley
82 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Kimberley
Experienced Cover User

82Posts

18Kudos

1Solutions

I am having the exact same issue. This is occuring on files which are both stored in the cloud and in my library so doesn't appear to be a connection issue. I suspect it is an issue with AccountRight not responding quick enough.

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
wcm
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I have checked out the file and tried this again and the correct account numbers are now appearing so I gather it's a problem with being in the cloud?

Former Staff Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Sebastien_D
Former Staff

2784Posts

54Kudos

231Solutions

Hey @wcm,

Thanks for your reply.

Sometimes connecting to the cloud can cause disruptions in the file depending on the strength of the connection at the time. Although this disruptions are only temporary after taking the file offline and back online, it is best to check your connection on www.speedtest.com. What connection setup do you currently have? Wired or wireless?

Please check this and let us know how you go as we are happy to assist further.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
wcm
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Our connection is hard wired.

This si the result the speed test gave us:

Download Speed: 9858 kbps (1232.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 926 kbps (115.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 19 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
6/11/2015, 4:18:44 PM

Former Staff Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Sebastien_D
Former Staff

2784Posts

54Kudos

231Solutions

Hey @wcm,

Thanks for your reply.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your connection information back to us. Seeing that your connection is wired, it may have been a minor disruption meaning a connection dropout that caused the original issue. Given your current settings I do not see this happening as a regular occurrence. 

Please let us know if the error persists or if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post