inventory accrual issues

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
paulas
Experienced User
56 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

56Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

inventory accrual issues

I have found our inventory accrual account a/p inventory is negative -$38,000 as at 31/3/2021 for my myob file because we received in stock into myob in April 2021 yet we were invoiced it (as matched it to our supplier invoice date) as at the 31/3/2021.  so this is causing this negative a/p error when I run the balance sheet as at the 31/3/2021.  Is there anything I can do to fix this - or does it matter – I guess in hindsight we should have tried to receive in the stock to align with our invoices dates…however this would get messy as well….

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: inventory accrual issues

Hi @paulas 

The dates entered on transactions are important as these are the dates on which the transactions will be reported on.

In your case, as those purchase transactions are dated after you have sold them (within the software) you would have a negative situation develop in the file. This negative situation is reporting as expected based on the order of events and the amounts entered. 

If you are needing to clarify that order of events and its impact on the Balance Sheet and the accounts, then we do recommend speaking with an accounting advisor. However, based on the process it is working as I would expect based on the dates and order of events occurring.

Should you need to look at having a positive value for that inventory account, I would be looking at reviewing the dates and amounts you have used on your transactions. In theory, these can be changed to be a new date which will cause reports to show the values based on those new dates. Alternatively, you may be looking at deleting those transactions and redoing with the correct dates.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

paulas
Experienced User
56 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

56Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

yes I had thought about deleting them but too may - and my accountant will take these into account - so all good

paulas
Experienced User
56 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

56Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

under stood thanks

Didn't find your answer here?