MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

inventory no more

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sayed
2 Posts
Cover User
Sayed
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

inventory no more

hi

i was building items and tick both  i buy this item and i invemtory this item

long story short dont want to record inventory so when i untick i inventory this item it does not allow me.

what are my opyions? othere then re-entring or invoices in to serives layout or other

3 REPLIES 3
Valued Cover User Banana1
137 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Banana1
Valued Cover User

137Posts

92Kudos

25Solutions

Re: inventory no more

Hello @Sayed,

If you no longer wish to track inventory on the individual item cards you will first need to delete any transactions that have included that item.  It is because those transactions post to the asset account that you linked when you checked off [] I inventory this item.  The best report to run in order to find those transactions would be the Reports > Inventory > Item Transactions report as you can set the Source Journal & Display Transactions to All.  Once you've deleted the transactions you should be able to un-tick the inventory option for that item card and then re-record those transactions, continuing to use the item layout.  However if there is too many transactions to delete and re-record, one other option would be to setup a new item card for use before renaming the old one and/or marking it as inactive I'm afraid.

If you have a lot of items to update in this case and deleting and re-recording transactions isn't a workable solution for you - it might be easier for you to create an import file to add the new items and mark the old ones as inactive. This Support Note has more information on how you can accomplish that here: Bulk updating item sell prices.

I hope this helps you out.

Regards,
Mat

Sayed
2 Posts
Cover User
Sayed
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

hi mat

thanks for replying back to me

the reason i want to get rid of inventory is to make all my purchaes that i bought as cost of sale so i can see it on my profit and lost statement 

so with bulk updating item sell prices would allow me to make sure all my inventory are counted as cost of sale or get rid of them and change to cost of sale

i did the item report and there was too many items

Valued Cover User Banana1
137 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Banana1
Valued Cover User

137Posts

92Kudos

25Solutions

Hello @Sayed,

The bulk updating of your item codes(same process as the item sell prices support note that I previously linked) would be primarily to update the card status for the item codes that you have set up from active to inactive. In the item list file which you export there is a column called "Inactive Item" which you would change from N to Y as per this Support Note: Bulk deactivation of items, accounts or cards.  Unfortunately you still you won't be able to bulk update the linked accounts on the item cards due to the afore-mentioned journals that would be affected by removing the linked inventory asset account that they have posted to.

You would still need to create new item cards which only link a Cost of Sales account and an income account.

However rather than adding all the new item cards in with the correct I buy/I sell setup one by one through the item list in AccountRight you can bulk create new item cards if you change the value in the item code column to one which hasn't been used. Completing the relevant columns prior to importing the file as per the example below:

import.jpg

The MYOB On-Line Help site has a useful guide when it comes to importing here: Importing and exporting tips.  Just remember to create a backup prior to importing any information into your file.

I hope that clears things up and helps you out.

Regards,
Mat

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post