negative inventory balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
FMC2291
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

negative inventory balance

A number of items that I had used in assembly builds were showing zero quantity but a negative balance in the inventory valuation report. I tried to fix these by editing the builds, however have now got to a state where one item in particular that is used to build the other items, has an opening balance of -$31M and I can find no way to fix it I have tried deleting builds, purchases etc to redo them but cant get anywhere due to this negative value.

The issue only seems to apply to the inventory subledger - the GL is correct, but I have a variance in the Inventory Value Rec report of the $31M.

I am hoping the solution I have seen elsewhere in regards to the script can be run over my account will fix this issue. Can someome please assist? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: negative inventory balance

Hi @FMC2291 

If your file is online, please send us your serial number by a Private Message so we can try running the scripts.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

FMC2291
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal

I called support this morning and they ran the scripts. Unfortunately it didnt work though. 

Thanks anyway.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @FMC2291 

In that case,can you please attach the screenshots of where you can see this value and also the item register window with expanded date range for the affected item. If the balance is incorrect and there is no reference to any transaction due to which it might have occured, we would have to figure out if there is possible corruption in the data file.

You're welcome to send these screenshots by Private Message if they contain any sensitive information.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post