purchases missing from report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Monty15
3 Posts
User
Australia

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

purchases missing from report

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I am using AccountRight 2014.3 and have entered a lot of purchases in the purchases register but when I print the account transaction (Accrual) report there are purchases missing from the stock purchases account. Can anyone give me advice about why this could be happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

2,847Posts

1,409Kudos

0Solutions

Re: purchases missing from report

Hi @Monty15

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

This could be happening if the missing purchases are either Purchase Quotes or Purchase Orders; only Purchase Bills would appear on the 'Account Transactions Accrual' report.  Purchases do not have any transaction value until they progress to being 'Bills'; that is an accounting principle.

If you recap each of those missing purchases the 'There is no transaction to recap.' message should be displayed.

To recap a transaction press Ctrl+R when a purchase is displayed.

We would appreciate a reply if this is not the case.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

Monty15
3 Posts
User
Australia

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tazinx.  Thanks for your prompt reply.  I have checked some of the transactions as you advised and they are definitely bills, not quotes or purchase orders.  The issue is happening to purchases from a number of suppliers on different dates and I can't find a pattern. Any other suggestions?

Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

2,847Posts

1,409Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Monty15

If you are saying that all the entered purchases:-

1. Were all Bills AND 
  2. You opened each one for editing from the Purchases Register, recapped it (Ctrl+R) and the message 'There is no transaction to recap.' did not appear AND
  3. The 'Account Transactions Accrual' report had the 'Source Journal:' filter set to Purchases, it matched the same from and to dates entered into the Purchases Register  AND
  4. Not all the purchases appeared on that report.

THEN

I suggest that from your still opened Purchases Register click its 'Print' icon/button; it will shortly display the 'Purchases Register Detail' report.

Do the contents of that report match what appears in the still opened Purchases Register?

@Monty15

FOLLOW UP - ADDED 20/7/2015 12:15am

My personal suspicion is that you have not been able to see the missing purchases (Bills) in the Purchases Register because the dates that appear on them are not within the date range you have used.

If all these missing invoices (bills) have been entered during the past week then I suggest you run the 'Accounts' report titled 'Journal Security Audit' with these values in the 'Filter Report' section of that report:-

1. 'Session Date From:' 12/7/2015 - 'To:' 19/7/2015
  2. 'Transaction Date From:' 1/1/1900 - 'To:' 31/12/9998

Then click the green 'Display Report' button.

Do you see the missing purchases?

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

Monty15
3 Posts
User
Australia

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Tazinx.  

Sorry for the delay. I have only just got back to it.  The purchase dates were all correct but I think I may have found the problem.  When the items were set up most of them have a tick for "I buy this item", I sell this item" and "I inventory this item."  This seems to have caused a problem with recording the stock purchases.  I have gone back and edited the purchases using generic items (e.g. "stock gst incl" or "stock gst excl") which do not have a tick on the "I inventory this item" option.  The purchases are now showing up in the stock purchases account but it is a long process to correct.  Thanks very much for your advice.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,601 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,601Posts

4,345Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Monty15

Its fantastic to hear that you have managed to get it sorted. Don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again if required further assistance.

Also may I extend a warm welcome to yourself to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post