"Trade Creditors doesn't match financials" ???

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DeeKay
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

"Trade Creditors doesn't match financials" ???

Every month or so my accountant sends me an email saying "trade creditor's doesn't match financials, please correct".... I've finally worked out how to create the Payables reconcilliation report and to run the company data auditor, but I don't actually know how to find the issues in question. 

And what on earth am I doing wrong that this happens all. the. time?!

The Payables Reconciliation Report shows it balances at 30/6/20, but then 1/7/20 it's out by -$2485.57. 

The exceptions report displayed from the company data auditor has transactions going all the way back to 2018 (which were apparently imported incorrectly from a previous company file), however, there are no entries since 30/6. So it is not helping me in isolating the potential issues.

The accountant usually journals an adjustment if I say I can't work it out, but I'm feeling like that's not the greatest idea. 

I use bank feeds so wouldn't have thought anything could be getting entered twice? I also check the aged payables monthly and fix any errors there (i.e. where Spend Money was used instead of Pay Bill)

Please help, I am pulling my hair out

Capture.PNG
2 REPLIES 2
PaulBihet
Ultimate Partner
753 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

753Posts

152Kudos

117Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: "Trade Creditors doesn't match financials" ???

Check the prepaid transactions report 

It is showing as an issue also

If you pay a supplier invoice prior to the supplier's invoice date it will cause an out of balance message until the actual invoice date, after the date has passed the Creditors will once again balance. 
old trick is run the payables reconciliation summary report dated a number of years in the future, if it is now in balance it is a timing issue with payment prior to the invoice date 

Please mark as a solution if you find this has assisted you with your enquiry
Paul Bihet MYOB Certified Consultant
(Bookkeeper Support & Training)
MYOB Sales, Installation & Support
B.A.S. Service Provider
Phone (08) 7131 1116
Mobile 0413 313 403

Email: paul@mysupportman.com.au
DeeKay
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: "Trade Creditors doesn't match financials" ???

Thank you!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post