refund

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

refund

Hello

I have a customer who ordered some goods in May for $2000. He paid a deposit of $1000.

Because we cant get the goods for awhile, he has asked for a partial refund of $500 until the goods arrive.

The transaction is in MYOB as an order. Can you please tell me how we do this?

thank you

Lindy

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: refund

Hello @Wilfords 

So you would create a manual credit due to only refunding a partial amount. The basics of it are just entering in a sale but with negative values rather than positive charges. 

I have attached a Help Article on customer returns, credits and refunds which details the exact steps to take to get this made and applied to your customer.

I hope this helps

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hello Chris

thank you for your reply.

I have done what you said. When I check the 'account list' balance, it is showing that our customer owes $500.00.

When we change the order into an invoice, this $500 refund will automatically be included and applied to the invoice. Is this correct? As the job won't be completed in this financial year, so there is no problems with EOF, I just want to make sure I have done this right.

Regards Lindy

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Hello @ChrisMYOB 

I created a manual credit by entering a sale with a negative value but it has reduced the amount of the sale which I dont wan't. This $500.00 refund is being refunded against a deposit (posted in May) in an order.

Can you help please

Regards

Lindy

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Ah, thank you for the information that it is a refund for a deposit, these are done slightly different as you will reverse the deposit amount by creating a credit note and then applying the credit note towards the deposit. 

You will need to make sure you have your preferences set up so that you can reverse the transaction. This Help Article on customer deposits will show you how to set this up and how to apply the refund for the deposit.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post